BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone provide me with a good company to transport a bike?
Any good experiences or bad experiences with shippers?
Would I be better off to fly in and ride back?
Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I admit that makes the most sense from many perspectives but....work, time, family. I may not be able to get away for a while and would rather have it here to ride in the mean time.

Has anyone out there used a shipper???

·
Registered
486 Posts
I bought a bike in Atlanta and I used this company to ship it to Austin, TX. Http://www.funtransport.com/ They were reliable and professional. They actually delivered it ahead of schedule. They put the bike on a pallet and placed it in an enclosed trailer designed for motorcycles.

I would use them again if necessary and I recommend them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Federal Shipping

I used Federal Shipping to ship my MV Agusta F4 Ago from East Peoria, Il, to Phoenix, Arizona. They paletize the bike, and ship it in a moving van. The bike arived here in fine shape- just as if I had picked it up at the showroom. Trouble with Federal is it takes a couple of weeks for it to move across the country. If you can deal with the delay, they do an outstanding job. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cheers,

Shane

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. There's a lot of companies who claim to do it and one even gave me some interesting numbers. Said they had shipped 13,000 bikes. I asked about insurance and he gave me the details and then boasted they had less than 5% claims. I'm not a smart man, but with just a little effort and a calculator it appears 650 motorcycles were damaged in some way. Granted it could be small, still yet. Hope he meant .005.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same here. Federal is the way to go.

New York to Ohio - not far but did take a couple weeks. I'm sure they try to optimize the route along the way.

Well done though, no issues. As mentioned, arrived strapped down to a pallet and elevatored down off the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts