BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike pull's like it stay's in the 4-6k zone all the way to the redline.
no more reverse wedggy in the fun zone (7-10 000 rpm),has anyone else had this problem.
i spoke with my service manager 2 weeks ago and still no response,
i was told that he would talk to BMWNA but i still ride an S that is as slow as my RS was.

stroker

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would think he could plug in the scan tool and see if one of the sensors is out of range . Off the top of my head it could be o2 sensor . tps sensor, ect (engine temp)sensor low fuel pressure, faulty pressure regulator . even bad gas. (low octane) . Is it detonating?(pinging)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree that they could plug that thing into the computer and see what gives. One of the bike mags that has a long term S test bike did that and they found a throttle body only opening to 90% or somewhere in that range. So it could be a number of things. Another scary thought is they downloaded the detuning program from the certain Euro countries that only allow what is it, 100hp. Yikes! I am only pulling your leg on that but it is scary that they can do that with a simple download. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I hate to say it, but it's kinda weak on the performance , especially since 7.0.

It is what it is...a BMW - meant to go against other BMW's - but not against anyone else.

It's not not a jap bike or Italian bike and can't compete with either one.

It is what it is...

·
Registered
149 Posts
stroker said:
my bike pull's like it stay's in the 4-6k zone all the way to the redline.
no more reverse wedggy in the fun zone (7-10 000 rpm),has anyone else had this problem...
Find a Dynojet motorcycle center: http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/motorcycle/index.aspx and have your bike tested. That's the fastest, most objective way to evaluate the power output.

If you pin the throttle in 1st gear at 9000 rpm, it should be scary fast. If it's not, there's either something wrong with your bike, or you just got off a MotoGP bike, where anything else is slow by comparison.

·
Registered
273 Posts
less pull after 7.0 ??

sportrider said:
I hate to say it, but it's kinda weak on the performance , especially since 7.0.

It is what it is...a BMW - meant to go against other BMW's - but not against anyone else.

It's not not a jap bike or Italian bike and can't compete with either one.

It is what it is...
Since I got 7.0 my K12S is less scary. It is much smoother and in some way this feel weaker - but I have convinced my self that the speed/acceleration is the same

·
Registered
896 Posts
Since getting 7.0 I notice the HIT at 8K is gone. Bike used to sort of gather itself, and just get crazy. Now the bike just pulls in a more linear way.. It's still real fast and I find my self using more of the rpm range now. I also think the buzz at about 6500rpm is now reduced. All in all I'm quite happy with 7.0 and the way my bike in running.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Erik said:
Since getting 7.0 I notice the HIT at 8K is gone. Bike used to sort of gather itself, and just get crazy. Now the bike just pulls in a more linear way.. It's still real fast and I find my self using more of the rpm range now. I also think the buzz at about 6500rpm is now reduced. All in all I'm quite happy with 7.0 and the way my bike in running.
I have the exact same experience !!

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is weird. Mine did the same thing with an earlier update which was why I sold it.

When I bought my R it had a "bad attitude". Lots of snap over 6,000. Really pulled after that. They updated the flash which smoothed out the stumbling below 3,000 put the excitement over 6,000 when you whacked on the throttle was gone. Don't know if it actually lost any "outright" horsepower on the top but it never felt the same again.

I *really* missed the punch. Still do. I hope they don't mess up my R1200S the same way.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just found the problem
the T.B. on cyl. # 4 was not opening past 70 %
and i had reset the computer .
now if the tranny was this easy to solve!!!!

i'm still getting neutrals in 2 nd and 5 th,now getting neutral at 9000 in 5 th is a real bummer
just in the center of the power band and riding 245kph witch is close to 150mph

stroker

·
Registered
495 Posts
<<i just found the problem the T.B. on cyl. # 4 was not opening past 70 %>>

I don't get it. Are the throttle bodies NOT directly actuated by the throttle cables? If they are, how can one TB not open the same as the others if they are all connected by common linkage??

·
Registered
46 Posts
NakedRider said:
This is weird. Mine did the same thing with an earlier update which was why I sold it.

When I bought my R it had a "bad attitude". Lots of snap over 6,000. Really pulled after that. They updated the flash which smoothed out the stumbling below 3,000 put the excitement over 6,000 when you whacked on the throttle was gone. Don't know if it actually lost any "outright" horsepower on the top but it never felt the same again.

I *really* missed the punch. Still do. I hope they don't mess up my R1200S the same way.
NakedRider,

I understand what you mean about missing the "punch" The bike had a responsive "snap" to it originally. Now with 6.0 it's like K1200S Light.

As you have owned both bikes; how would you compare the R1200S to the K?

Thanks,

Francois

1 - 12 of 12 Posts