BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BMW K1200S
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my many years of motorcycling I have never had an up-close personal experience with a wild animal (except for a few now dead squirrels). In this case it was an animal in the wild in the form of a 50 lb. billy goat. I was doing my usual Saturday 300 miler with a friend in tow and at one of my usual rest stops this billy goat comes walking over to greet us. He seems cool so we continue to take our break, talking, hydrating, and keeping an eye on our new friend. Then the little bugger starts to get really close. So I encourage him to stop and he kinda snorts and starts rubbing the shit out of a nearby bush as if he was polishing his horns. Then he comes back over and wants to socialize up close. So I honk my horn, no effect, then I start the K-bike and billy shakes his head but does not move away. WTF?

I have known a few goats and this one acted like he just wants to play. Only problem playing with billy goats is they only know two games; King of the Hill and Who’s Really Horny and this bugger looked like Game #2 is his priority. So we keep our distance and he snorts his dissatisfaction again. We just can’t seem to get him to move off. Plus, my buddy didn’t want him rubbing the shit out of his Africa Twin; and I did not want to start a billy goat war by getting physical so we pack up and depart.

The strange part is knowing this well forested area the nearest farmhouse is two+ miles away and the nearest towns are about ten miles SW or nine miles NE. So where did he come from? Is he a free-range billy goat or was he abandoned? Poor little guy did not look rabid or malnourished and was obviously comfortable around peoples. When we left my buddy said he could hear the hooves galloping down the highway and saw him following us in the rearview.

In hindsight it was very entertaining, but I feel a bit less manly getting pushed out of my rest area by a 50 lb. billy goat. Hope he does not get hit by a car or eaten by a bear, cougar, or sasquatch.

Tire Plant Wheel Plant community Dog

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great ride story 🐐!
my grandfather raised goats in the Caribbean. You are absolutely right about their number one and number two priorities.
I have a couple really good island curry goat recipes if you ever need one 😃

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,417 Posts
Male goats are trouble. I had an elderly neighbor killed by one that he owned. Hit him broke his hip and he died in the field. The Olympic mountains in Washington used to have quite a population. If a hiker pissed along side of a trail there was a chance a male goat would find them and cause serious harm. Happened so often the state decided to catch as many as possible and move them out. (and shoot the rest each year) Not a local resident as they were introduced by an old president (Roosevelt) who thought they would be good to hunt. Took over. Goat is delicious. Most eaten meat in the world. Don't pass it by if given a chance.

·
Registered
2006 BMW K1200S
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great ride story 🐐!
my grandfather raised goats in the Caribbean. You are absolutely right about their number one and number two priorities.
I have a couple really good island curry goat recipes if you ever need one 😃
I offered to shoot it and told my friend we could have billy on a spit in about 30 minutes but he opted to move on down the road. I'll be back up there on Saturday so we'll see if he's still around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts