BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy who just replaced my pinion bearings suggested that I had a sticking front brake caliper. I took it off and one piston was sticking. by immobilising the other 3 I got it moving and cleaned it up: all 4 could now be pushed back in by hand. Pins are brand new, as are pads (HH). Still get one disc hotter than the other but I've heard somewhere that new pads can do this? Only done about 40 miles on new ones? Ideas please...

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
The guy who just replaced my pinion bearings suggested that I had a sticking front brake caliper. I took it off and one piston was sticking. by immobilising the other 3 I got it moving and cleaned it up: all 4 could now be pushed back in by hand. Pins are brand new, as are pads (HH). Still get one disc hotter than the other but I've heard somewhere that new pads can do this? Only done about 40 miles on new ones? Ideas please...
One free....7 more to go.Max extraction is 10mm or just to the edge of the rotor slot unless they pop out.I just did my bike as per my usual yearly maintenance.Clean then lube with some brembo sillicone mounting grease....push piston in and then extract again....wipe excess grease if any.....repeat?

I had some crusty spots on a couple pistons.....so grease,leave overnight then extract?That took care of the crusty calcium chloride mud spots.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts