BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2038

Hit the link to reveal the all new GT! Now this forum can really get started. What do you all think. Yes, pro and con! For starters, look at the way they did the front turn signals.

Oh hell, I'm going to stop now and read what all you folks think!

Maybe Kjell or Randy can do their internet magic and put the pictures on our forum instead of clicking on the link?

Miles

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
Memorex....

Miles_Miller said:
http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2038

Hit the link to reveal the all new GT! Now this forum can really get started. What do you all think. Yes, pro and con! For starters, look at the way they did the front turn signals.

Oh hell, I'm going to stop now and read what all you folks think!

Maybe Kjell or Randy can do their internet magic and put the pictures on our forum instead of clicking on the link?

Miles
Why do we think these photoshop pics are real? I'm not biting until some decent pics show up.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
They look like the the real thing. It looks like these were scanned right off of a marketing slick sheet.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well...I just dunno. If its real...I could like this bike. CABN, you seem skeptical. Howcome?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The first "two" (looks like the same photo to me) I don't believe were photoshopped. The "color" ones might have been- at least to get each color, but I don't think the bike itself is. That is an integrated design, not a cut&paste from other bikes.

What do I think? I think several things- one is that BMW is finally making the KRT I've wanted for the last 5 years, whatever they choose to call it. And it's NOT bad looking, MUCH better than the R1200RT. ;) I think I will get one. And it looks to me like this bike still leaves room for a KRS in the lineup. . .

·
Registered
531 Posts
if the pictures are indeed real i may have to wait another several months to move up from the RS to the new GT. i like the looks of the new GT and while i seldom use the cruise control on my RS i like the idea of having it available. time will tell and before i make a decision i'll have to see the bike in person.

·
"Hey Y'all"
2,239 Posts
'cause...

exRtguy said:
Well...I just dunno. If its real...I could like this bike. CABN, you seem skeptical. Howcome?
Why I am skeptical:
  1. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
  2. This GT has an entirely new rear subframe and passenger peg arrangement than the S has? It doesn't make good sense from a cost perspective.
  3. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
  4. The passenger seat looks too much like the S. (i.e. NOT a sport-touring seat.)
  5. Why change the clutch and brake resevoirs? These look like 2005 GT handlebars and controls.
  6. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
So there you have it. I'm a skeptic.

p.s. Now if those bags and tail rack will just fit on an S ..... :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I share your skepticism given the source. Still, makes interesting internet fodder.
thanks cbn

·
Registered
66 Posts
CABNFVR said:
Why I am skeptical:
  1. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
  2. This GT has an entirely new rear subframe and passenger peg arrangement than the S has? It doesn't make good sense from a cost perspective.
  3. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
  4. The passenger seat looks too much like the S. (i.e. NOT a sport-touring seat.)
  5. Why change the clutch and brake resevoirs? These look like 2005 GT handlebars and controls.
Well, I'm sure many here might question the source- BUT, a few more points- Those are RT bars, or very similar, not GT bars. Which would make perfect sense if you need all the switchgear for heated seats, cruise control, trip computer, etc.; since the 05/06 RT version has all that already. And it would have to have a new rear subframe to carry the increased luggage weight that a real touring bike must carry, the S has very strict limits. Finally, that's clearly a two piece adjustable seat, one of the reasons it looks real to me. Or at least COULD be, if it's a fake it's a VERY good one.

The timing is also about right for BMW to be prepping marketing stuff if it's going to be announced early next year, so if it's gonna start leaking, it's gonna be now.

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
Kgt

Would like to see the exhaust side also, looks to me real to me, Shiva's in New York right? Where else would you look for an advertising freebie. Interesting, may be worth a look in a couple of years when the bugs are sorted. Need red though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dkeven said:
Would like to see the exhaust side also, looks to me real to me, Shiva's in New York right? Where else would you look for an advertising freebie. Interesting, may be worth a look in a couple of years when the bugs are sorted. Need red though.
If you look very closely at the color shots, you can see what looks like it might be an "S" cannister lowered to fit below the bags.

And one more point- if you compare this to the original Spanish spy shot, this is the same bike. The more I look at it the more real it looks; that two tone tank is pure David Robb BMW. And I notice now that the "color" shot is in fact three different pictures, the wheels are in different positions in each.

Now, how to convince my SO that we need another new motorcycle?????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Assuming those pics are real, does anybody else think that looks like just another Japanese bike? I'll take the K-S or my K-RS, thank you.

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
I think the former GT has lines that will make it a classic because of its looks. This new design is a bit to angular, (is that even a word?) for my tastes that I predict will not age well. That being said, my body hasn't aged well and the wife and I need a more RT like ride. Just wish this new GT would show up at the Seattle bike show.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Notice the shifter is waaaaaaay too low for the upright seating position.

But hey, it must be true it's on Shiva's site, right!

Put me down a a non-believer.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not me. Looks like some one cut a box into, slipped it over the front, then added an FJR headlight and windshield. Like the looks of my 03 GT much better. If my GT leaves home it will be for a true sport tourer, the R1200ST. Like the ergos of the ST and it is 115 lbs. lighter. Don't need 157 hp to travel and play on back roads. My bet is good riders on the new GT and ST an the GT won't be able to handle the ST,just like it won't be able to handle the GS.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I think it's the real deal.. If you look at the back seat area and the spy photos you can see the same shape. I do find it interesting that from the pics it looks like the same clutch reservoir, and grips as the last gen K...

1 - 20 of 67 Posts