BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch this show on HD Discovery?

I was mesmerized. Something I would have loved to be part of even if the planned Moto-GP contender, the C1, was in the end a collosal waste of money. Which changed Motoczysz from a prototype motorcycle builder into a intellectual property company.

I found it on the internet on Vimeo...
http://vimeo.com/3432038
(can't get the embed code unfortunately)

Funny at the end of the show, he admits that if he knew at the beginning what he knew near the end of it all, he probably wouldn't have done it. That's kinda what I feel about me fairing project at a much much smaller scale. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw this last year and was amazed as well. At first I couldn’t see how he expected to get to a level to compete in MotoGP but then I had to admire the fact that he was trying. Great show. And now that he appears to be having some success with the electric bike I would love to see a follow up.

It also made me wish I knew a lot more about the mechanics going on beneath me. :D

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder what ever became of the engine? Counter rotating crankshafts taking away most of the rotational inertia. Longitudinally mounted engine was probably v-twin narrow.

I wonder if they had trouble making enough power?

I rememeber reading that Michael Czysz crashed one of the prototypes himself. That never made it into the show. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts