BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me (my hand is not big enough?) or does anyone else here find it is difficult to blip the throttle on the K1200S while braking - and down shifting quickly. If I adjust the brake level closer to the handle bar then there is not enough room to brake hard with 2 fingers. May be I should get the slipper clutch from Pak Parts - save me having to worry about blipping the throttle.

·
Registered
288 Posts
no problems here and I've got average length fingers. Throtle diameter is small, it shouldn't be a problem, keep practicing bro...

·
Registered
261 Posts
No problem, I think it just takes practice no matter what your hand size is. I'm not understanding the part about the brake lever being adjusted close to the bar and not having enough room to brake with two fingers? Are some of your fingers between the lever and the bar? If so, I don't think that is a good idea, should be nothing between brake lever and bar. The throttle gets rolled with the lower palm of the hand while braking with the first two fingers. Practice till it becomes second nature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts