Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
68 Posts
jeff
this looks super
my motorola HS830 only came wtih 1 speaker.... and it is teh THICKEST thing i've EVER seen....
i'm sure it'll KILL my ear/haven't installed it yet

this one is better..... though THREE times the price....
and only ships to UK addresses..... so far

great find, however.... looks like a winner

·
Registered
236 Posts
Jeff, are you sure this is not the Cardo Systems Scala Rider? I use the Scala Rider and it's fantastic when paired with my Street Pilot 2820 audio, MP3, and Treo 650. However, mine only has one speaker and does not communcate with with my passenger. If this is a new version of that, I,m all as soon as they his the states. Thanks for the post

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The information in the link is all I have. The picture shows 2 speakers. I know the Scala Rider has only one.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Further examination of your pic show this is indeed the Cardo System. Looks like they have taken the original scala rider to a two speaker plus intercom between pillon head set. I have had a email into their technical group for a week now asking release dates for just this functionality. As said, their quality is first rate. Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Silly question. For the $175 (yes I know, pounds) do you only get the one unit (enough for one helmet)? I don't have a setup and this looks like what I have been waiting for. BUT... 2 of those plus the conversion, shipping, duty.....

Talking to the wife while riding might be nice but I am not sure it would be that nice.

Did I miss something?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wait for Autocom to get the Bluetooth thingy sorted out.

They are on the case right now and within 6 months will have something with Bluetooth on the market that will be an add on to their existing range of units. I have been told.

My experience with Autocom is that they will not release something that has not been tried and tested beyond to infinity and beyond.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts