BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, BMW now will offer a branded version of the Zumo. One part number for the Zumo complete with the FM navigation antenna, and mulitple part numbers for the "fitting" kits.

WL

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I figured as such. Looks like the end of the StreetPilot era too.

Now that the Navigator III has been out about a year, it's time for a new GPS model. They seem to make this a yearly thing now. Must mean a new Zumo is on the horizon too. Maybe with the XM built-in, better weather and traffic, higher rez screen, easier to press buttons, and a better cradle mount that won't cause the scratchy audio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The announcement on the LT site said nothing about XM Radio. They disabled this feature in the last Navigator. Supposedly because BMW has an exclusive agreement with Sirius.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
GMack said:
Must mean a new Zumo is on the horizon too. Maybe with the XM built-in, better weather and traffic, higher rez screen, easier to press buttons, and a better cradle mount that won't cause the scratchy audio.
This could be cool.....:thumb:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Zumo

I hope this is a good place to post this.
I have a ZUMO 550 and am happy about all but the way it shows local small roads, which are the roads I ride all the time. Maybe I'm crazy, but you don't need a GPS to use interstates or main roads.
The small roads are shown by really narrow faint blue line on a pastel yellow background. I find in the sunlight I can't see them very well. I use the GPS to lead a ride on Sundays on all back roads and need to see where the curvey roads are when approaching intersections. All my previous GPS's havn't had this problem. My most recent unit was a 2610 which was great. As I remember it had the problem at first and one of the software updates fixed it. I called Garmin yesterday and was told it would be an engineering problem and they weren't going to fix it. Seems to me they only need to make the roads black or make them a few pixels wider.
If any of you have the same problem, please call Garmin and tell them.
H

1 - 6 of 6 Posts