1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
207 Posts
Think we can get BMW Dallas or Ft. Worth to get one going? Might be worth a phone call...then again probably not.

·
Statmaster
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember when I wanted the K1200LT. I asked to take it out for a couple hours. They laughed. Then again, most dealers of non-BMW brands won't even let you take it out for a spin at all, so to expect an all day affair was pushing it.

BTW, at the time I did that, BMW of San Francisco was renting bikes. The following weekend, I ended up renting a LT and that sealed the deal. I think BMW in the UK has the right idea with this program.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My shop in BR

The boys at Herbert BMW in Baton Rouge Lousiana will send you on your way with a demo and will let you ride it until you can't ride no more!!

I recall one day I was checking out the 1200r or the 1200S, can't recall which one and I asked him when I needed to have it back. His reply was "well, we close at 5 so don't be too long after that." It was 10 a.m. in the morning.

Of course my conscience wasn't going to let me keep that bike for the whole day, I made sure I was back to the shop by 4. :D

Different dealers have different practices. I'm really starting to like these guys at Herbert!

Gravity

1 - 4 of 4 Posts