BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little known piece of luggage, at least to me, is a very, very nice soft case that holds more than a topcase, and is a lot less expensive. It may be mounted with its various straps to either the pillion position OR as a topcase on the rack.

And, the price, at near 200USD is a decent bargain. It includes enough straps, etc. to attach to almost any BMW bike and of course is BMW quality, waterproof, easily removable with quick snaps. 51L capacity:

·
Registered
41 Posts
softbag

John, did you buy one of these bags?
do the sides drape over and touch the top of side cases?
I am looking for some sort of tail bag system also..
David

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is my bike. I have it positioned on the tail/rack for the picture; it drapes and suppored by the side bags. If you only ride one-up, then it can be positioned on the pillion, supported by the grab rails. It's larger than the 49 L topcase and is a heckuva lot more portable. Comes with shoulder strap, it's waterproof, and being soft holds a lot. Of course, it's not lockable in parking lots. Alway some plus and some minus. There's also a 19L tail rack case for about 1/2 that price.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wonderful bag. Keep in mind that the bottom has some stiffness to it so it doesn't so much "drape" but it just has a shape to fit. It holds a lot of gear and is very easy on and off.

Highly recommended.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts