BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think BMW's new enduro bike looks pretty cool but how many people are going to cough up 20 grand for a dirt bike??? MSRP for the HP2 on BMW webpage is $19990, thats more than the "S" new GT and damn near as much as the LT. whats BMW target market for this bike...looks to me like price will doom this bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
wellcraft said:
i think BMW's new enduro bike looks pretty cool but how many people are going to cough up 20 grand for a dirt bike??? MSRP for the HP2 on BMW webpage is $19990, thats more than the "S" new GT and damn near as much as the LT. whats BMW target market for this bike...looks to me like price will doom this bike.
Not only will the price doom the bike, the bike itself isn't that good.
One point. Who the hell needs an air shock. It's not likely that you have to make a suspension adjustment that is beyond those available on regular shocks. Point 2, who is going to make aftermarket parts for this thing. Nobody. #3, What do you do for an oversized fuel tank? Carry a Maier 1qt. jug on your $20,000 motorcycle?
While it came in third in Baja. It was 6 hours off the pace.
BMW certainly could have spent their money more wisely than to develop and market this turkey.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry guys but they are selling these rather well. The one at my dealer didn't last a month..
They also have people trying to put deposits down but they won't take them due to unknown availability.......Reagrds Pete

·
Registered
49 Posts
Aftermarket Parts- Look at New Touratech Catalog

Someone asked who would make aftermarket parts for this bike. There are 13 pages (70 - 80 items) unique to the HP2 in the new Touratech catolog and many other items that could work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Really?

petepeterson said:
Sorry guys but they are selling these rather well. The one at my dealer didn't last a month..
They also have people trying to put deposits down but they won't take them due to unknown availability.......Reagrds Pete

There are three unsold HP2s at my dealer in SoCal as of last weekend

·
Registered
11 Posts
wellcraft said:
I wouldn't. You could almost purchase 2 KTM 950 adventures and have far more flexibility with 1 of them. The 950 is coming in a stripped version soon for those who want less.

·
Registered
132 Posts
petepeterson said:
Yep....foolish people are everywhere...gimme a break...20k? I'd be so pissed if I dropped that bike on a trail! gimme a honda XR650L for a quarter of the price, and I'd still be BS about it if I dumped it off road! If someone has that kinda money they want to spend on a "dirt bike"?....send me a pm....I got this bridge I wanna sell ya. 20k oughta 'bout cover it too! ;)

·
Registered
452 Posts
selling hot in the south

There was one in BR last month, lasted less than a week. I'm wondering how the 1200gsa will fair in our climate. The sales guy says they move very very slowly. If I didn't have the GT, I'd get the GSA. Every time I see a dirt road I start telling myself that my GT can handle it, then I resist.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Location has a partial influence on volume. My dealer has sold (Actually, presold) at least six or so and tries to get more from other dealers.

If you have the right roads nearby, think it would be something to be on a 100hp enduro, is like a SuperMoto in the curves, has a power to weight ratio in a class by itself, and have the skills, and have a discerning eye for what separates this bike from others, it could be a choice.

Was for me. Yeah, I dropped $19K on it, but when I sell years from now, I'll get a lot more for it than if I were selling a 650L. It's all relative. Many rabid HP2 owners at ADVRIDER and I haven't come across one yet with any regrets.

·
Lieu
139 Posts
majicdoor said:
The price of BMW bikes are was off and the bike are not that good.
Let me guess... english major??? :teeth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts