BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my heated vest for the first time last fall, and found that the vest temp varied a lot during my trip, and seemed to depend at least some on how fast the motor was running. That's not what I expected. I was wearing it over a long sleeved t-shirt only, then the vest, then a Darian over that. There was a ton of variability...sometimes very warm, others pretty not warm. I had it hooked into the factory power outlet on my 03 KRS, with the two setting cord that came with the vest. No Heatroller or anything like that. Anyone else shared this experience? Is this something I should look into on my bike, or the vest?

john

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ditto experience. I haven't figured this one out yet myself. The vest temp seems to turn on/off occassionally during rides - regardless of the RPM's. I have the same issue with the grips and seat.

Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Sounds like "hot flashes" perhaps???? *hahahahaha*

Sorry - just couldn't help myself - too many beers - woo!

alow

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have the same symptom with the grips during steady-state cruise. Haven't noticed it with my Gerbing's gear.

Things do get hotter (heated gear, grips) when I go from idle to cruise. I chalk it up to the alternator spinning faster and thus higher output.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so there are shared experiences...but it's not supposed to work like that is it???

Don't we get better engineering from BMW than that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts