BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this bike in April 2017 with just 1022 miles on the clock. I understand the two previous owners were bike collectors, but they clearly didn’t ride it very much as the old MOT dates show just 166 (2015), 202 (2016) and then 1,022 miles when I purchased it. The current MOT expires in September 2021.

I believe that bikes such as this were meant to be ridden, but it has still only covered 10,450 miles, all of which have been an absolute joy.

The bike has wanted for nothing since I have owned it, with services at 4,986 and 8,282 in the book. Due to Covid restrictions I did the oil and filter change myself last year at 9,609 and also bled the front and back brakes. I have the receipt from Motorworks for the parts used.

Additional accessories added have been modest and in keeping with the bike:
  • Ilmberger carbon fibre bellypan and lower fairing (not cheap!)
  • Ilmberger hugger
  • Ilmberger silencer end fitting
  • BMW tail rack (carries the 30 or 50 litre BMW soft luggage on this)
  • Numerous R&G crash protection pieces
  • BMW under-seat frame fillers (adds to the visual lines of the bike)
  • DIN socket next to the clocks
  • Tank protectors

The brakes, front and rear have superb stopping power with great feel. It never had ABS fitted (hooray!!!) so there is no fear of paying for an expensive module replacement at any time.

Tyres are Pirelli Angel ST, which really suit the bike. There is another 3,000 – 4,000 miles in the rear, depending upon how aggressive you are!

Overall the bike is in superb condition as can be seen in the photos. The only slight blemish that I am aware of are two very small marks on the silencer (see photo) where I just clipped my tool box whilst wheeling the bike. Bugger.

Since in my ownership it has had at least one professional ACF50 treatment each year, so corrosion has been kept well at bay as you can see from the photos. I have never ridden the bike in the winter as Aberdeenshire Council must have shares in the UK road salt industry.

So, why am I selling? Despite my love for the bike, the two-wheel stable is now a little full and something has to go. I spend more and more time on other machines, so it is reluctantly time to say goodbye to the R Sport

Checks show there are currently only 88 remaining K1200R Sport bikes on the road in the UK, so you won’t see many around. I will also challenge anyone to find a better example anywhere.

I have both keys, the manual/service book, service receipts and old MOTs. The V5 in my name showing my current address.

Price is £4,900 and I can’t see myself straying from this. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll get rid of something else and run it for another summer.

Suitably distanced viewing is fine, but being based in Aberdeenshire that may be a challenge for some. Just send me a PM with any questions and I’ll respond a.s.a.p. with additional photos or whatever. There is also a great bike transport service based near me (used by Guy Martin on less) so I can point you in their direction if that will help.

Thanks for reading and looking, Simon

·
Registered
2009 K1300S, 2017 S1000R
619 Posts
Great looking bike and a good price. Only thing is that rocketship exhaust. I suspect one needs to hold onto it for the MOT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great looking bike and a good price. Only thing is that rocketship exhaust. I suspect one needs to hold onto it for the MOT.
Thanks. It's the original BMW exhaust except for the carbon end fitting. I did think about changing to an aftermarket system but the combination of the sound coupled with amazing induction roar from about 3,000 revs is pretty addictive!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Beautiful bike, if only you were stateside! I've never seen one in that blue before, is that only available outside the U.S.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful bike, if only you were stateside! I've never seen one in that blue before, is that only available outside the U.S.?
Yes it does look rather special in blue. I have seen a few others in this colour, but most here are silver with black engine. No others with the additional Ilmberger carbon fibre though.
A friend recently said it looks as though it is doing 100mph when it is standing still :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes it does look rather special in blue. I have seen a few others in this colour, but most here are silver with black engine. No others with the additional Ilmberger carbon fibre though.
A friend recently said it looks as though it is doing 100mph when it is standing still :cool:
I would buy it in a heartbeat.. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts