1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
370 Posts
Maybe I am also crazy, but I dig it!!! It somehow has a 'retro-futuro' thing going on. Yeh, that's it...it's a time machine!. Cheers.

·
Registered
531 Posts
sorry but to me that's one of the ugliest bikes i've ever seen and reminds me why i wouldn't buy a BMW 10 years ago, styling was plain, uninspiring or just ugly. that yellow and red paint doesn't make it look any better either looks like something you'd see in a cartoon.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Gulf Coast Motorcycles in Ft. Myers, FL has had one on their showroom floor for sale for awhile now. Their asking price is just under $7k. Kind of an interesting bike, but not something for me. If it was black it'd look like something I used to see Batman ride through the streets of Gotham City.

Mike
'06 GT

·
Registered
180 Posts
Blkvelvt said:
I had to post this. What a bizarre beauty :) I would love to ride up to an event on this just for the "Funk" factor. I guess I'm old and losing my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=190025425301&ih=009&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

I still ride mine occasionally but it feels outdated and uncomfortable. Carrying luggage was a PIA but I managed for 40K touring with it. Now it just sits around and has become a conversation piece. I can't bring myself to sell it.
The most recent "action" it has seen was when I bounced my car off of it on one of my more stupid nights(see pic). Amazingly. the front bumper on the car lined up perfectly on the rear footpeg of the bike so the only damage was when the right mirror bounced off the wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Of course it feels a little old: the bike was introduced in 1988! that's 18 years ago, what other 18 year old bike is not outdated? Marzochi forks, Brembo brakes, ABS, cat, the lowest wind drag ever, the daring style - still the K1 brings a smile to my face - the high pegs, my heels up against my buttocks... I ride my K1200RS with higher speeds on the straights - but the K1 faster in the twisties.

·
Registered
45 Posts
mser said:
Gulf Coast Motorcycles in Ft. Myers, FL has had one on their showroom floor for sale for awhile now. Their asking price is just under $7k. Kind of an interesting bike, but not something for me. If it was black it'd look like something I used to see Batman ride through the streets of Gotham City.

Mike
'06 GT
We have a factory black one without graphics and it is still quite striking in appearance all these years later. It may have belonged to Batman, but you have to wonder what replaced it.

mary

·
Registered
418 Posts
Love the K1

I have to agree with blkvelvt,the K1 is a fascinating piece of beautiful machinery...In another universe,I would like to have one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts