BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bike has had new plugs fitted it won't start unless I put a little throttle on when riding it surges I have noticed that the air temperature sensor has been removed for some reason I've ordered another any ideas would be welcome

·
Premium Member
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,333 Posts
If someone does not use a puller for the coils while changing plugs it is easy to damage the coils. An easy check is to see if all 4 header pipes are hot immediately after starting and holding at idle. Are you talking the "outside air temp" sensor or the "air box" temp sensor? The first doesn't matter much of course.
Welcome to the site. If your serious about the bike, make a friend who has either a motoscan set up or a GS911 to read the bike computer. Big help.

Reactions: Mattias_r

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If someone does not use a puller for the coils while changing plugs it is easy to damage the coils. An easy check is to see if all 4 header pipes are hot immediately after starting and holding at idle. Are you talking the "outside air temp" sensor or the "air box" temp sensor? The first doesn't matter much of course.
Welcome to the site. If your serious about the bike, make a friend who has either a motoscan set up or a GS911 to read the bike computer. Big help.
The outside air temperature the plugs where changed by a motorcycle mechanic I will try the headers and thankyou for your reply

·
Registered
546 Posts
Can the coils be changed without draining the coolant
I‘m not so sure. There is not much room from the top of the rocker cover to the radiator which may make it difficult to get the coils wholly out of the port. I’m also not sure that the radiator an be tilted forward enough without having to disconnect the hoses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts