BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks Neal.
Those videos are perfect.

And i found the thread that was mentioned earlier where fried chicken and mattias were discussing with others the method for diy clutch mods…which is this one…

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
So, I'm planning my Clutch removal and renovation.
I've purchased springs, clutch plates, steels, gasket etc..

Wondered does anyone have one of these locating pin (top dead center locking pin) that I can borrow?

Can't seem to find one in the UK??

I can order it from KFM.com but it's about £90 and will take 4-5 weeks to arrive.
MAX BMW are not delivering to UK addreses.

BMW Motorcycle Parts | Catalog Parts Online | MAX BMW Motorcycles

·
Registered
272 Posts
I’ll try and cut a long story short....

Gearbox went belly up on my K1200 Sport, went and bought an 11000 mile K1300 engine for the gearbox.

I have two mates who run a small motorcycle repair business and they stripped the bike and engine, the 1300 clutch doesn’t fit their to many teeth on the sprocket/wheel at the back so the chain will not go on,they fitted the OE clutch and it works fine.

Just phoned them up(I see them every day) asking if they had to buy a pin and they said no made one up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’ll try and cut a long story short....

Gearbox went belly up on my K1200 Sport, went and bought an 11000 mile K1300 engine for the gearbox.

I have two mates who run a small motorcycle repair business and they stripped the bike and engine, the 1300 clutch doesn’t fit their to many teeth on the sprocket/wheel at the back so the chain will not go on,they fitted the OE clutch and it works fine.

Just phoned them up(I see them every day) asking if they had to buy a pin and they said no made one up.
Not sure I'd know how to make one to be honest?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts