BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious here but wonder if I am the only one that has cancelled my subscription. :confused: In the beginning, sort of liked the articles and somewhat interested in the tech pages. :clap: But over the last 'couple a years it seems like its all about the GS crowd, endless old school airhead fix it articles and "I rode x number of million miles on my RT " and took pictures of it type stories. :blah:
Nothing about the K bikes, and lord forbid an article on a KS. :spank1:
Anyway, seems like they are heading for an older calmer, more responsible crowd. :(
.....guess I am out...any one else?

Kbikeinbc
07 Kgt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
About 5 years ago, I got fed up. Agree with all you said, but I can condense my disgust with the magazine down to one word. "Shiva". :wtf:
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
3,145 Posts
So write the article that you want to read, then submit it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Meese said:
So write the article that you want to read, then submit it.
Whaaa?....If one wrote the article why would they want to read it (I mean other than proofreading). I read articles because they have some essence of entertainment, information, similar interests etc. that provide a view that I didn't have before I started. Getting your own published kinda seems like reading "What I did This Summer" over and over.
What kbikeinbc wants(IMO) is for others to pen, and the mag to publish, some articles on stuff he (and us) can relate to. On the flip-side of that is the simple fact that we are fewer in number due to our model preference, as are KS people. Not to mention it's hard to write a captivating article when your bike is having the ABS, engine, final drive, fuel strip, clutch plates etc replaced so it's in the shop for weeks on end. Since those experiences might be construed as brand bashing, I doubt they would get published with any regularity....if at all.
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
3,145 Posts
moymurfs said:
I read articles because they have some essence of entertainment, information, similar interests etc. that provide a view that I didn't have I didn't have before I started.

What kbikeinbc wants(IMO) is for others to pen, and the mag to publish, some articles on stuff he (and us) can relate to.
And where do you think those articles come from? Who are these "Others"?

We are, that's who. If you and I and kbikeinbc each write an article, then that's three articles that can be published, two of which I haven't read yet and that can be entertaining and informative.

What you're really saying is "They don't provide any content that interests me, and neither I or any of my friends can be bothered to provide anything ourselves, so it all just sucks."

So you can walk away and whinge about it., or you can do something to change it for the better. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Meese said:
And where do you think those articles come from? Who are these "Others"?

We are, that's who. If you and I and kbikeinbc each write an article, then that's three articles that can be published, two of which I haven't read yet and that can be entertaining and informative.

What you're really saying is "They don't provide any content that interests me, and neither I or any of my friends can be bothered to provide anything ourselves, so it all just sucks."

So you can walk away and whinge about it., or you can do something to change it for the better. :)
And, if you want to guarantee that it will be published, Write an article on how to remove 2 cylinders and the water cooling on a K-bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
I think I may have missed something :confused: .. I don't see how my reply was whining in any way... You told him to write an article he wants to see. Unless he was narcissistic I wouldn't think he wants to read his own stuff........SPOILER ALERT! He knows how it's going to end! My statement about reading articles was a general one. It had nothing to do with the MOA mag. I, in no way, am bashing the MOA mag because my exposure to it is limited.


"What you're really saying is "They don't provide any content that interests me, and neither I or any of my friends can be bothered to provide anything ourselves, so it all just sucks."
Umm No. That may be your interpretation of his post but I don't think "it all just sucks". I currently don't get the mag so it really doesn't suck at all..to me.

I agree, people who have time and not-so-common experiences on their hands should submit articles (if they so wish).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa...guess I hit a nerve. :dunno:
No offence fellows but the point I was trying to make was the 'magazine' has let me down. I get what your saying about being part of the answer by taking part in articles and such. :clap:
That said...been to the rallys, Done the volunteer thing there. So ya..,,,I have done my bit. Don't get me wrong...some really good people there :clap: and met good friends. But its the magazine that's letting me down, :spank1: and maybe that's part of the overall organization..dunno.
What I do know if that I had subscribed to BMW moa....not Air/Oil head Rt monthly. and I guess that's my issue.

Kbikeinbc
07 Kgt
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
3,145 Posts
Just getting tired of folks who are better at complaining than anything else. :)

MOA has always been Airhead heavy. RA is a bit better in that, but they have their own biases.

Maybe I could've phrased it better, but you can either complain, or you can try and make the changes you want to see. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not complaining. :)

And not gonna try and change what seems to be an institution. :wtf:

Was sleeping pretty good before the cancellation..... :) ..been the same since. :)

kbikeinbc
07Kgt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
I love the magazine. It's one of my favorite things to see in the mail.
I LOVE that it's full of bikes I don't own or ride. These are the things I find interesting and entertaining. So much so that I decided to buy an airhead. I learned a lot about them from the site and the magazine, and ended up with a sweet '63 R50.

This thread reminds me (sort of) of a meetup group I organize. Every single member in our group of appx. 150 riders has full privileges to arrange any meet they want. And yet we still have members complaining that there aren't enough rides scheduled, or that they aren't the kind of rides they are interested in.

There are many benefits to being an MOA member, other than the magazine and website. There are always stories about how the "anonymous" book helped out a rider in need, and these stories usually end with a new and lasting friendship of some kind. I like the organization, I've been a member for 10 years or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,658 Posts
You all should just quit yer bitchin and buy a GS / RT... :teeth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
kbikeinbc said:
Naa....hate to be at the back of the pack all the time. :snowlaff:


kbikeinbc
well for me anyway i'm way faster and tighter in the twistie's on my gs than i ever was on the gt
if had to do time's the gs would kill the gt at the track..imo!!,i'm running p3's on my gs and really dig the way the bike handle's ... :clap:
 

·
IBR# 366
Joined
·
3,145 Posts
Robert_W said:
You all should just quit yer bitchin and buy a GS / RT... :teeth
Rode 'em recently. Still too buzzy . . . :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,658 Posts
Meese said:
Rode 'em recently. Still too buzzy . . . :cool:
Seriously? Water cooled or otherwise? Was it new? Tuned up? Mine is smooth as can be. I worried about the same thing when I bought it. But honestly I can do way more miles on the GSA then the GT. Comfort is night and day different. I never even think about buzz or vibration. The only thing I ever notice is the initial side ways torque.

(Though the GT just sits in a warm garage now for the most part. Hardly ever ride the thing any more. Probably try selling it again this spring. Cheap.Some one ought to enjoy it.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
Robert_W said:
Seriously? Water cooled or otherwise? Was it new? Tuned up? Mine is smooth as can be. I worried about the same thing when I bought it. But honestly I can do way more miles on the GSA then the GT. Comfort is night and day different. I never even think about buzz or vibration. The only thing I ever notice is the initial side ways torque.

(Though the GT just sits in a warm garage now for the most part. Hardly ever ride the thing any more. Probably try selling it again this spring. Cheap.Some one ought to enjoy it.)
same here!!! and i can pop wheelie's..lol
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top