BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this on their Facebook page: BMW of Santa Cruz closes shop Sat. May 14, 2011

Bought my 2006 K1200GT there. Too bad as they also carried all the Wunderlich stuff too as they were the USA distributor. Guess they closed their Yamaha store next door too. Harley shuttered-up their doors there in the last 2 years too.

Moto Marin BMW closed last year too. That's 2 in CA now gone.

Mack

·
Registered
56 Posts
Motorcycles are a luxury item, and I'll bet that it has something to do with the Calif economy being in the dumps too. BMW on the whole in the U.S. has grown. I heard that BMW is looking for a dealership in Palm Beach County as there has never been where here.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Bummer, I think a few more may go away as well. The Northern CA area always had loads of dealers:

SF, Walnut Creek, Marin, Livermore (Same owner as Mtn View), San Jose, Mountain View, Santa Cruz, Modesto (Name?), Chico, Santa Rosa.

The former owner of Santa Cruz, sold it and took the Wunderluch with him. Clearly he saw the writing on the wall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bummer indeed, We just started doing business with them not too long ago. Sad to see a shop go under. Indeed i believe that it is California and budget struggles. Got my fingers crossed that it's short term.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts