BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this new part at Sand Bar Composites:

"BMW Rear Ride Height Adjustment Plates

These cnc billet ride height adjustment plates are designed to raise the ride height by 12mm without affecting the operation of the shock absorber or the paralever arm.

Making substantial changes to the rear ride height by changing the length of the paralever torque arm is not the correct way. It does change the ride height, but it also changes the angles between the drive shaft and g/box output shaft and the bevel drive input shaft. Because the driveshaft has normal universal joints (and not constant velocity joints) the input and output shafts should be parallel. Changes to those angles cause vibrations, increased tyre wear and ultimately excess strain on the paralever bearings and probably the gearbox as well."

I have an adjustable torque arm so am just wondering how true it is. Shall I revert back to the standard length?

·
Registered
39 Posts
tatran said:
Shall I revert back to the standard length?
Very small changes are probably not a problem, but checkout this picture. It appeared on another board a while ago. Check out the angles, and remember there are only simple universal joints in there

Incidentally the plates are currently undergoing testing. Hopefully they will be available in time for INTERMOT.

sandbar
www.sandbarcomposites.co.uk

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts