BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 months of waiting the day arrived to become a BMW rider and what happened, i took my Kawasaki ZX12 R out of the garage only to find i had my first ever puncture in 29 years of riding! I then had to borrow a generator and hope the tyres stayed inflated long enough to travel 75 miles. After 40 miles i pulled into a petrol station to reinflate my back tyre and yes the air hose didnt work and it just let the rest of the air out of my tyres. After being told by the staff that it had been out of action 2 weeks i suggested a sign may have helped me not use the pump. As it was another member of staff was more helpful than the first one and sent me to a car garage next door to use their air hose.
I made it to the BMW garage , where i was hoping for no further problems to blight my day.

The bike was already and waiting and it DIDN'T let me down in anyway, the looks everything had the wow factor to me & the missus. After spending some more money on bike clothing we were on our way. We did 175 miles in the Yorkshire countryside and the bike performed up to and beyond my expectations. It steers so precise especially for a big relitivly heavy bike. It cornering with 2 up and bags full was awsome with some stunning performance to match. I will upload photos of the next journey and of my impending europe trip in aweeks time. Average mpg was 55.4 which was also impressive
Safe riding

Tim

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congratulations on the new motorcycle!

Sounds like your day started out kind of nasty, but turned out great! Enjoy the ride, safely. :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
So how are the brakes? I assume no tire preasure monitor? What options do you have?

·
Telepathetic
440 Posts
Welcome to the fold. Now for the important info you left off,

What color did you get? :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
baytown said:
Still have no idea what you are riding!
Baytown, I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but I am going to go out on a limb and guess he is on a new GT, judging from the forum we are in.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey K1.
You never can tell mate, as there is regular comments re other machines. I did think that though after I posted!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
"BMW Virgin no more ! "

So, I guess you got screwed by the BMW dealer :rotf: ?
Greg

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
baytown said:
Still have no idea what you are riding!
+1

:))) : no color, no option, no production year :))

Congratulations!

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
K1DUDE said:
Baytown, I don't want to sound like a smart ass, but I am going to go out on a limb and guess he is on a new GT, judging from the forum we are in.
Did you have "sense of humor" among other subjects in university? :))

·
Registered
838 Posts
easyman05 said:
Did you have "sense of humor" among other subjects in university? :))
He hasn't "lightened up" yet. He's still on an RS. :hysterica

And we're already smiling, just knowing that our GT is waiting for another ride. :tim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
K1200 Gt Se

Hi
Sorry but i was in a rush yesterday when i posted as i was going to a suprise birthday party for my wife.
The BMW that i purchased was a K1200 GT SE with the alarm, small top box and backrest . I decided to go with the Dark graphite metalic with the slate grey tank panel, i found the brakes are fine i just feel initally that i have to apply the pressure a little more until you feel the bite. My bike didn't have a tyre pressure monitor fitted, there was also 1 other Crystal grey bike ready to go at the same time.

I bought mine from Rainbow Motorcycles in Rotherham , South Yorkshire , England and i have found them to be an excellent dealership to buy a new bike from, Ian the sales rep has been very helpful. I'm booked in on Tuesday for the initial service so i will have to put some miles on the clock on Sunday. I have also purchased a Garmin 2820 and am getting it fitted on Tuesdayready for my trip to Spain on Friday. The bike also has the software upgrade.

Safe Riding

Tim

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ahhh, that's better!
Good on you Tim. The bike sounds exactly how I would have wanted my 2006 set up, inc colour. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had only one choice, Blue, fully optioned. Turns out I have the only 06 GT in Nth Queensland (a bloody big area of Australia!) according to my dealer.
Love my bike, just luke warm re the colour.
Let us know what your thoughts of the Garmin are, as I'm going to look into purchase of one as well. (Once I find an Aussie dealer)
Have a great trip Tim, and keep safe mate.

Ken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts