BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Congrats!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: That is a fun little bike to ride!!! Enjoy and welcome to the wonderful world of smooth engineering!!!! :teeth

·
contributor
4,827 Posts
Sweet looking ride.
Welcome :teeth

·
Registered
283 Posts
Nice, excellent color. They were all out of them when my money was burning a hole in my pocket, so I ended up with my second choice...light silver/grey metallic. Have Fun!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Oh Yeah

And I even like the COLOR!! Fast at any speed!! :yeow: Yur gonna Luv it -Dr Ron :0)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gark said:
great bike -- congrats!!!! you need a radar detector.... ASAP!!!
Actually, I am a bit worried that I might get busted with a ticket (or worse) because this bike craves (begs) (wants) (desires) (demands)(lusts)(whines)[can you name more?] to go just a bit(lot) faster than everyone else. A bit scary, but exciting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to BMW riding and to these forums.
Since you are new to the K12/300 and BMW in general I will mention a few basics that may take time to adjust to.
1) cornering; when you dive into a corner on a traditional bike the forks compress and shorten the wheel base. The K 12/300 does not, so you may not turn in as soon as you expect. This is only evident with spirited riding, but something be aware of. Ultimately you will find this chassis more stable than telescoping fork designs.
2) traction control; if you ride mildly all the time it is a really nice addition, if it ever scares you by chopping the throttle when you really needed acceleration you will have to decide it if is a help or hindrance. I cannot ride with it (I ride totally insane I guess). I have friends that "owe my life to traction control" in slick, rainy conditions.
3) trust the bike, when you are in over your head just do what you need to do. The bike has more potential than most riders can imagine. Son said "I knew I had crashed, then I was riding away" after coming into a corner way too fast.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Congratulations Monkey.
You'll love the BM. They just ooze class.
I'm agonising on purchasing either a 2008 GT or S within the next month.
I've owned a 2006 GT, and both a 2004 GT and RS. I only sold the 2006 GT as I had an Iraq deployment for 8 months, and didn't want the bike in storage.
I 'll go the decent second hand bike route as BMW REALLY loose their value here in Australia. I can get a low mileage 2008 bike for $10K less than a new one.
Any way, have fun mate, and ride safe.

Ken

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Nice! welcome to the forum .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts