BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

BOOSTERPLUG BMW K1200GT - thoughts?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Dawg 
#1 ·
Hello,
Curious if anyone has installed BOOSTERPLUG on their k1200gt? Looking for feedback on upgrades for my new (to me) bike

#4 ·
It is a thermometer that the connector fits in between the factory air box temp sensor and the harness to the computer. You route the thermometer cable to fresh air, generally along the right intake tube. It drops the signal to the computer to trick it into seeing a 20*C temp drop and slightly adjusts the fuel. It helps prevent stalling. Many people say the computer compensates quickly. I have found that my bike with 100,000 miles on the install works much better. Never did a slow stall again. There is another brand out there also.

#6 ·
Installed mine as late a yesterday, bigg difference when riding two-up. I haven´t cared much about that bit of low speed "erratic-nes" when riding solo, but with my wife riding pillion, it's quite a difference. Smoother pull from low revs. As written, it has only been on the bike for a trip of 300km, looking forward to try it solo.
The manufacturer has published a small book, concerning fuel injection on bikes:
Free Motorcycle Fuel Injection e-book. He can also be contacted on +45 2080 8500. (when oversea, probably best on IP-phone...)

#7 ·
No surging on my 03 w/296ecu less the fuel injectors need service/cleaning.

Some were calling that surging normal back then.They all do that? Not so, I don't need a plug/patch!

#9 ·
Injectors first! 140Ks and never serviced?

#10 ·
When the bike was apart in the winter of 2017/'18 for the RMS replacement at 128K, I asked about the fuel injectors. I believe I was told (at the dealer) that if they're fine now, no need to bother. What I didn't mention above (because I didn't want to hijack this thread) was that I was having issues last year with a condition that is best described as the opposite of surging. Steady throttle, typically above 50km/h and probably more so on the highway; the bike would slow down, like it wasn't getting enough fuel. It wasn't stuttering like it was out of fuel. But it would catch again, and speed would resume, all without me moving my wrist. And it wasn't extreme or anything. Not like 110 km/h turned into 100 km/h in 3 seconds or something like that. Just enough to draw your attention to it.

I replaced the fuel filter (original I'm pretty sure) and was convinced that the problem was gone. It still does this every now and then. If there's any pattern to it, I'd have to say when the tank was closer to or near full. Thinking vapour lock and the tank bag is on there, so maybe the key vent. But no.

Warm bike cold bike; warm temps cool temps. No real factor there. Also thinking the throttle bodies connection might have leaks. Only one way to find out.

#11 ·
The Booster plug/patch? I knew there was something else.

Poor fuel pump....~130Ks pushing fuel through an OEM plugged filter? Wow....!Must have taken some life expectancy out of that one for sure.

Plugged filter and pump pushing at 85psi....that will push crap right at the injectors and contaminate them.

New fuel pump....lines.....cleaned injectors and of course checks for vacuum leaks? $5-600 cad DIY?

130Ks? That should have been 3-4 filter replacements? 4 for me that's for sure so $100?Vs potential fuel system damages?Got to keep my cheap(er) Bosch replacement pump happy....still pretty quiet at 140Ks.

Reactions: sailor
#13 ·
Hello,
Curious if anyone has installed BOOSTERPLUG on their k1200gt? Looking for feedback on upgrades for my new (to me) bike
I installed Booster Plug on my 03 K1200GT with 30,000 miles. The install took less than 15 minutes and the results were instant. On a scale of 1 through 10 being best, through the low rpm range my results were a 5.
Smooth shifts when letting the beast breathe a little. Throttle release (not perfect but better) less choppy.
on the high rpm range an 8. Again saw improvement at shift Smooth constant torque. Bike is an absolute pleasure to ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.