BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Throttle Jockey
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you're thinking. Why? Aside from looks, like it or not, they claim and I quote: "The performance had an increase of about 3.5 Hp on top of the power increase of a single oval!" I want to know what you guys think, "brilliant" or "bullshit". Click on the pic for details.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
rickd said:
I know what you're thinking. Why? Aside from looks, like it or not, they claim and I quote: "The performance had an increase of about 3.5 Hp on top of the power increase of a single oval!" I want to know what you guys think, "brilliant" or "bullshit". Click on the pic for details.


Bullshit, because even if it gave my 10HP I wouldn't be caught dead with that POS on my KS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
k1200sforme said:
Bullshit, because even if it gave my 10HP I wouldn't be caught dead with that POS on my KS.
What he said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Yeah, sorry man but I don't think I'd be tempted. 'German bike, he speak with forked tongue ...'

Nah!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
rickd said:
I know what you're thinking. Why? ... I want to know what you guys think, "brilliant" or "bullshit". Click on the pic for details.

Sorry but,...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Their performance improvement claims are consistent with those made my other aftermarket exhaust companies (Remus, Staintune, et al).

Buy 'em because they look cool as hell ... I doubt you'll really notice the claimed 3.5hp anyway. If you're just replacing the cans you won't notice much of anything but a new sound.

I think the carbon-fiber cans looks cool as hell -- don't listen to these other guys! Buy it!

:)

PS. OTOH, I have a full Remus system on my K12RS (no cat, etc.) with the Rhinewest chip -- this setup offers NOTICEABLE performance improvements over stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
My guess is

that the two smaller pipes would weigh more than a single large one, volume for volume. :confused:

The hp increase is greater than 7 bhp compared to the stock bmw can. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Saw in your profile, which BTW is nicely filled out, that you have an interest in pool/billiards. Pocket billiards or 3-cushioned billiards? Just curious!

Well, about the pipes . . . I only skimmed thru them but seems it was close to unanimous that they got the 'thumbs down'. Well, not from me. Most importantly, and screw everyone else, are you happy. If you are and you are heh heh not embarrassed to be seen ha hah in public with them uhhhhh, well, you are your own man heh heh!!!

Perhaps even a METRO-MAN!

Best regards
 

·
Throttle Jockey
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jpalamaro said:
Saw in your profile, which BTW is nicely filled out, that you have an interest in pool/billiards. Pocket billiards or 3-cushioned billiards? Just curious!
I play pocket billiards, but I've always wanted to try real billiards. I've never seen a straight up billiard table in person. Someday I hope. Do you play?

Back to the ugly pipe thread. I'm not buying them. I don't even have an S or an R. I just wanted to get everyone's reaction. I don't really care for the look, but I thought the technical aspect of the power output was intriguing.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top