BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Giovedì, Dicembre 02 entro21:00
I'm guessing this means a estimated delivery date of December 2nd. Can't hardly believe that, but we'll see.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well, whaddya know, they showed up and look like they will work.
I hate to give you the bad news, but they sent you the wrong kit - this is for 1st generation K1200RS having ABS2 system (1998-2001 in USA). The 2nd generation K1200RS and also the K1200GT (2003-2005) have a 90 degrees angle at the banjo attaching BOTH front calipers - these calipers are marked outside in while with "BMW".

The front calipers on 1st generation K1200RS are marked "Brembo" on the outside and have a banjo angle of about 35 degrees like you have in your photos. This has to do with location of banjo bolt in relation to fork tube and caliper. See composite photo below...

In addition, the K1200GT had 1 inch longer hose between handlebar (top caliper) and the frame junction in front of tank - you may wat to check this also before making a request to these guys about what is wrong. Both REAR hoses are the same for all K1200RS and K1200GT, so this should not be a problem if these Italians did their job ;-)

To manage these variations in K1200RS and K1200GT , SPIEGLER has created 3 different kits:
  • 1st generation K1200RS having ABS2 with BREMBO calipers: S-BM0142
  • 2nd generation K1200RS having iABS with servos with "BMW" calipers: S-BM0146
  • K1200GT (2003-2005) all having "BMW" calipers: S-BM0138

Of course the OEM brake hoses from BMW are all sold separately - no kits - so these variations in design have created different part number in parts fiche catalog.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll see. Kit is clearly labeled 02-05 K1200GT. Top hose appears long enough. Caliper hoses are slightly longer and the supplied junction block sticks down another 1/2 inch giving enough slack for the more sweeping bend away from the caliper. I'll confirm with them before starting any install just to be sure.

·
Registered
682 Posts
We'll see. Kit is clearly labeled 02-05 K1200GT. Top hose appears long enough. Caliper hoses are slightly longer and the supplied junction block sticks down another 1/2 inch giving enough slack for the more sweeping bend away from the caliper. I'll confirm with them before starting any install just to be sure.
I have installed many after-market kits from SPEIGLER and GOODRIDGE , in addition to some OEM black rubber hoses. All these have specific parts / kit to respect these specific angles at front calipers. You might be able to force these to fit on your iABS version with "BMW" markings - BUT I WOULD NOT EVEN TRY myself as both the length and the angle will be wrong to reach banjo smoothly.

Please do NOT shoot the messenger ;-)

Reactions: Cefoul
1 - 8 of 8 Posts