BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My change to BarBacks caused the top brake hose to be a tad too short. Does anyone know the OEM length and banjo size plus the thread size on the female nut end? My bike is in the shop, and the Dealer said no long hose was available, and "No" they wouldn't screw an extra male to female connector to the end under the Triple. All I need is an inch. I find it hard to believe that a change ( barbacks) made on 80% of the bikes and no hose is available! :confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answer my on question

To answer my own question. The rear foot brake hose is identical to the front except it's 1 1/2" longer. So if the barbacks stretch your brake hose too much, then buy another rear and install it. Thanks Dickey for the info! :D
Please ride safe.

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
That's useful to know.

If the bike has a few years on it I'd go straight for Goodridge/Spiegler ptfe liner stainless sheath hoses. A decent brake/hose shop can probably make up a longer front hose using Spiegler parts.

It's the clutch hose I found difficult to lengthen because of the incredibly small banjo they use at the slave end. Neither Goodridge or Spiegler have a banjo that small. If I did it, the only option suggested was to keep the clutch end and splice the new longer line with a compression fitting coupler.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Simple Fix?

I had the same problem on my '03 KGT. It ended up being easily solved by removing some of the original cable ties on the hoses and slightly re-routing them. Could then go lock-to-lock without any stress on the hoses. May be worthwhile to see if this is possible before starting to swap out hoses (and dealing w/ bleeding the brake system afterwards).

·
Registered
437 Posts
ditto marks

same for me. i went to the type II barbacks and needed no cable replacement, only a reroute. i have more than enough play in my cables. ('04 kgt).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, that's the 1st thing I did, plus retap the screw hole that holds the 1st union, as high as possible. DG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts