BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my riding buddies telling me that my rear brake light was stuck "on", and, my cruise control not setting, I have figured out that my size 13's (boots) were resting on the brake pedal. Not enough (I hope) to engage the brake, but enough to make the light stay on. Is there a way to adjust this downward??. I could remove it and have my friend bend, or cut and re-weld, but I would rather not. I am having him weld a wider, longer peice on to enlarge the pedal itself. Any ideas?. Was not sure if my BMW Repair CD, or manual would explain this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Foot size

1200GTosprey said:
After my riding buddies telling me that my rear brake light was stuck "on", and, my cruise control not setting, I have figured out that my size 13's (boots) were resting on the brake pedal. Not enough (I hope) to engage the brake, but enough to make the light stay on. Is there a way to adjust this downward??. I could remove it and have my friend bend, or cut and re-weld, but I would rather not. I am having him weld a wider, longer peice on to enlarge the pedal itself. Any ideas?. Was not sure if my BMW Repair CD, or manual would explain this.
Come to the Texas Hill Country Roundup next year and I'll section that foot for you. For anesthesia, I use only crown royal or Wild Turkey, your choice. I'll spit on the blade of my pocket knife to clean it up real good. Then we'll just carve a couple of inches off that foot. Problem solved.

bhaynnes runs away a duckin' and a grinnin' :crazy:

·
Registered
589 Posts
There is a fair amount of adjustment on the stock pedal. Get to a place you can eyeball the pedal(on a lift, or sit on the floor) and move it with your hand. You can feel the freeplay when the pushrod hits the MC plunger, before it starts pushing brake fluid. There is a bolt that adjusts the pedal height. In the pedal up position the bolt head stops in contact with the brake light switch. You can adjust this bolt for a lower pedal height, but at the same time you must shorten the threaded MC pushrod to maintain the freeplay.
Failing to retain freeplay can result in your rear brake being applied constantly, and could lead to brake lockup, and or heat related damage. It's not hard to do, just understand that moving one adjustor requires moving the other an equal amount.
HTH (I think I have enough warnings in there!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts