BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the last few weeks I noticed a sporadic malfunction of the ABS / power brake after switching the ignition on. The control / warning light kept flashing at high frequency and after some time (a few hundred meters of driving) the system returned to normal function (light off, power brake working). Due to Murphy this error didn't occur when I went to the dealer. However, the mech told me to listen to the brake light switches while pulling the lever when the error would occur again. On my tour during last weekend the malfunction was nearly permanent. Yesterday I again tried to locate the problem. Listening carefully to the brake light switch at the front, I couldn't hear anything while the warning light was flashing vehemently. I pulled the brake lever several times and after some time the servo pump worked and the system returnded to normal operation. But not for a long time. When I pulled the brake lever again, the servo pump went to continous operation and the brake light was on, too. I didn't succed to make the system return to normal status exept switching the ignition off.

Today my dealer told me that they have had the same problem on several K-S, despite the ABS / brake check BMW offered after those ABS discussions. Now I will get a new brake switch.

Manfred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts