BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Brake! Tailight and I'm getting a Check Lampr. Basically, if I apply the brake it will work for a few seconds and then stop working. Anyone had defective ones that did this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes

Hope your talking about the Brake!LED Taillight Kit? I had the same problem, found a loose wire/capacitor? A tubular thing with a wire at each end, one of the wires was loose, I soddered the loose wire (after making sure where to sodder it to) and am back in business. The taillight kit I purchased from The Pirate has a lifetime warranty from Kevin Demers at Gizmo Mill Inc., 1-1060 Craigdarroch Rd., Victoria BC Canada V8S 2A4
Phone/fax 250-370-0802
Toll-free 1-877-370-0802
www.gizmomill.com

Mine went out on my ride to Laguna Seca, I purchased a battery operated soddering kit at a Kragen Auto Parts, the kind that you can touch immediately after using.

good luck
kenny

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kennyg said:
Hope your talking about the Brake!LED Taillight Kit? I had the same problem, found a loose wire/capacitor? A tubular thing with a wire at each end, one of the wires was loose, I soddered the loose wire (after making sure where to sodder it to) and am back in business.
That's a good idea. I'll give that a try tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts