Votes: 52 16.1%
  • Rear

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Grif, since you are doing this, why don't you do a poll on EWS failures. Since I had the software upgrade, every time I disc. the battery, I get an EWS error as soon as the battery is reconnected, and the ignition is turned on. One I cycle the ignition, I have absolutely no problems until the battery is disconnected again. LoneStar checked for codes and found none.

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
On the front, only the right side has the warning sensor. When mine faulted, my dealer replaced both sides under warranty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
false alarm

I got the the WARNING LIGHT @ 12k miles. No broken wires; just a fault that manifested itself for no apparent reason. Reset by special dispentation by the POPE=computer.

·
Registered
353 Posts
grif,

How about starting one for the final drive and one for clutch squeal and judder?

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
howfly said:
grif,

How about starting one for the final drive and one for clutch squeal and judder?
Y'all know you start a poll anytime you want?

Hit New Thread, type in the title and body. Then scroll down and you'll see post a poll. Click it, put the number of spaces (like 2 for yes and no) you want to add to the poll, then hit submit.

It will take you to another page where you can put in the poll info in the spaces you selected on the previous page. Be sure to check if you want multiple picks on the poll (like "yes" to high idle and the ability to click the year).

If you screw up the poll, like I did more than once, you can delete the post.

Thanks for playing!

·
Registered
353 Posts
grif - thanks for the directions. I'll do it, tho it won't have your name on it, and no one will respond!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Of course you can never have every scenario there...

Mine went the other way. No warning and the pads were worn slap out! (rear)

I did do a "how to" in case anyone didn't see it.

Link is here.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My brake pad indicator light came on at 10,600 miles. Warranty covered. Wire to right front brake pad makes a tight turn above fender and is too tight, they give out after a while. Tech put a little loop there on the new one.

New pads are different with beveled edges and bite right from the get go, even tho I was easy on them.

Not cheap of course, what is on the GT? $167 for right (includes sensor) about $60 for left pad. I am good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
07 GT Brake Warning Light

Yes,Bentonville Ark dealer repaired under warranty at about 6000 miles,said the factory cinched a plastic were tie up to tight,broke the thin pad warning light sensing wire.This pad for free,"they" are sure as hell proud of the new ones I will need some day!Check out the prices to avoid eventual shock. :boom:

·
IBR# 366
3,145 Posts
34 11 7 683 064 ... Left Front Brake Pads, no sensor ..... $84.00
34 11 7 704 614 ... Right Front Brake Pads, w/sensor ... $125.00
34 21 7 690 262 ... Rear Brake Pads, w/sensor ........... $125.00

Note that Chicago BMW offers 20% off standard BMW prices.

·
Registered
110 Posts
BeniciaRT said:
Of course you can never have every scenario there...

Mine went the other way. No warning and the pads were worn slap out! (rear)

I did do a "how to" in case anyone didn't see it.

Link is here.
Same here. Just had the rear pads replaced at 17k miles. Although I don't think mine were as completely worn as yours.

·
Registered
331 Posts
YYZED said:
Yes, not sure which one yet. It's going to the shop next week and then I'll post the results. Or I could get off my but and check my self... na I'll let them.
Not that easy to check yourself when you can't see anything wrong. In my case the computer told them the rear brakes were faulty and in fact it was the front brakes that had the dodgy cable. I think I ended up with new pads front and rear under warranty and I had two trips to the dealer because they ordered rear pads to fix it and didn't have the front pads in stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
brake warning light

Hello all
I have an 07 Gt with 3000kms on the clock.
Brake warning light stayed on.
Dealer replacing both pads on front. Apparently due to sending wire on right pad.
I am leaving for Americade first week in June. BMW Canada has no brake pads at warehouse near toronto.
They have to come from Germany.
Hope they get here before then. I don't want to stare at red warning light for the whole trip.
Keep the rubber side down men(and women)...OPP now have an airplane to help catch us.
Lets all enjoy our GTs !!!
Vic

·
Registered
110 Posts
BrianT said:
Same here. Just had the rear pads replaced at 17k miles. Although I don't think mine were as completely worn as yours.
Ok 1500 miles later and the new rear brake pads set off the warning light. So to surmise, brake pads worn I didn't get a warning light. New brake pads with 1500 miles on them, warning light. :rotf:

Kinda counter productive.

·
I'm riding
1,339 Posts
Sorry, did not read the starting post. My rear pads were worn out and the indicator was right to light on. Replaced - not the warranty case.

·
The Gov
660 Posts
Never experienced this one, either on my first run '06 with 19K miles or the '07 with 8.7K.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts