BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ride back home to Sweden from Corsica and Sardegna. I dit some mountains and after the brakes went wrong: the front dose not work in of, and the back blocks in the city, at low speed. On the display: ! lights coutinylolsy and ABS flash 4 kb/m. I went to a dealer in Italy but they coult not fix the problem. they tryed a lot of things to fix it, but negative, its about the brake computer. Any one who experienced this brake adventure?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, if his profile avatar is an actual pic of his bike I'd say he's got a 1998 or newer K12RS. Most likely a 2000 or 2001 by the look of his red on silver colour scheme. I have had the issue of the continuously blinking ABS lights twice with my 2000 and both times it was a simple matter of realigning the ABS sensors. Once front and second time back. You can pick up a small stone or pebble and they'll get knocked off their position. It doesn't take a very big rock either. It could even be small enough you don't hear a tick or notice anything at all. Mostly it's an orientation issue. If the sensor isn't perfectly square with the trigger rotor the sensor has trouble distinguishing one bump from the next and the control module is unable to boot properly. However a misaligned ABS sensor like the kind I am referring to would not explain a non-functioning front brake or a locking rear brake. There has to be something amiss with the ABS control module if it's routing all the brake fluid line pressure to the rear instead of the front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, actually the brake failure went after hard riding in moutains, I steel have waranty on bike and I go to my dealer to see wath they can do

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to my dealer and they checked the brakes. The ABS module need to be replaced, and this funny box cost only approx 1000 USD... but the bike steel has some warranty, so they do it for me incl. the rest of the work, brake fluid and replacements. the back brake plates, was totally finish... I wonder if I buyed the bike with this malfunction... but who knows? I buy it for one year ago, and ride on it 7500 km. Total km on board: 45500 km.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well It dos`n matters how I ride as long as that little nastty module box dont work. The bike its made to use mostly the hand brake , and his doing the rest off job for you. My dealear said that there was air in the brake system, som others her on forum mean that the ABS sensor was dirty. However I allways use the brake as less as possible. This selv-check system is not used anymore on the latest bmw bikes, there is presure in the brakes even that the engine is not running. So I am riding a exotic bike...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts