BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
tfkelly said:
I replaced my rear pads but now they squeek. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!
Did you replace the brake pad retaining pins and tension spring? This might be an $11.00 fix.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did. I got the kit form my BMW dealer and I used all the parts in the kit.

I did also ask them what could be done abut it and they wanted me to bring it in and they were going to put something on the back of the pad to keep from vibrating I think. I was just hoping for an easy laymans solution for a simpe problem. =)

·
Addict
3,750 Posts
Most cages use a thin metal shim between the piston and the pad metal, and again with the thin smear of copper grease. Interested to know if their offer is for a BMW part.

You didn't say if the squeak was freewheeling or when brakes applied. Have you checked the rotors are nice and clean with minimum scoring and run out. When replacing pads I always spend time cleaning out the old rubbish, particularly in the caliper slots, check the pads are free to move easily and the pistons do not stick now they are pulled back by the new thicker pads.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They only squeek when I am braking and ussually onmly at low speeds. Btw, my rotors are damaged/worn due to not changing out the pads sooner but the dealer thought they were still good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
brake noise

get up to speed and use the brakes as hard as you can, this will break any glazing of the brakes. this can take several applications. :ricky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts