BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I disassembled my 06 K1200GT in preparation for a PC-III which should arrive in a couple of days. I was lifting the air box up and this nipple on the left bottom of the air box broke off. Attached to the nipple is a hose approx. 8" in length with a plastic plug in the end (capped off). I can't imagine what this hose is for. Is it for some function in another market? Will I be OK throwing it in the trash and plugging the hole in the air box with silicone? I will greatly appreciate you guys help. Attached pics may make more sense!

Thanks, Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
That is a drain for any accumulated oil in the airbox housing (from the crankcase ventilation system.) I'd try to repair it if I could, it's not under any particular stress or pressure so maybe a careful application of JB Weld would do the trick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I couldn't see any other possible use, however the plug in the hose end puzzled me. I'll crazy glue it back together!

Jim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't know if you have fixed it or not, but you may also use some brass fittings. Home Depot and Lowes both have brass fittings I have been able to use to fix things like that. Fittings with hose nipples and the like that you can make the hole bigger and thread onto the box. I agree with the JB Weld, I use the hell out of it and it holes once cured in gas and petroleum. But, in case you need back up fix...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts