BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
235 Posts
Use a center stand? To get the kind of weld you would need, you would almost need a bare frame or 360 degree access to the break.

·
Super Moderator
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,481 Posts
It would help if you posted the city you live in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ya huh? Lol sorry....I live in Yarnell, AZ and that is about 75 miles from Phoenix, AZ. I am looking into starting up an E-Bay motors sales program for this endevor, that way everything goes smooth........you get your part, and I get payed

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
235 Posts
I hate to say it but it's a done deal, the bike has 70,000 miles on it aasnd it runs smooth and strong. Anyone that would be interested let me know and I will give you the info
If selling the cycle, you will get more attention by posting it in the Marketplace Classified > cycles listing on this website. If parting it out, list it or the parts in the same place under Classified > parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not a "SNOWFLAKE".......And I don't scare easy, I know you were trying to help me out, and I appreciate the advice. As a newbie to this forum I can use all the good direction I can get....it's a point of frustration because the 2003 K1200s runs great! But the dang kickstand mounts are broken and I know there isn't much that can be done. I am still able to ride it, but I can't park it......if there was something that could fix it I wouldn't waste time with all this back and forth

·
Super Moderator
two K1300S bikes, S1000R & Vespa 150 Primavera clown paint job
1,481 Posts
I'd go to a good weld shop and see if someone can TIG weld back the stand mount. What the heck. BMW is overly cautious with the scrapping of the bikes with this damage.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hey Joe (apologies to Jimi Hendrix) I’m unconvinced that you cycle is a 2003 model only because the K1200 wasn’t invented then. Paste the last 7 digits of your VIN into this website and it will tell you everything about your cycle. I’m curious😁
I just did a check and see that you’re right!
April 2003 was the first production model✌

1 - 11 of 11 Posts