BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look Under your seat, there is a metal plate tack welded to the inner rear frame rail on the left side, the build date (and some other info) is engraved onto that plate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

August 03 build date. Is this build date in the ECU replacement? I have only owned the bike for one month and it has 8K miles. The only problem I have had is the idle will slow at times when hot and in city traffic. Is this a problem? Thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
GT5 33

My dealer showed me the computer print out describing the bad ECU symptoms. What I remember best is what they described as "bad throttle response" before the engine is at normal operating temperature. So, when you first start the bike, how does it respond to twisting the throttle? Does it sumble or die?

Ron

PS: the build date on my bike is April '04

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
vin decoder

That link never worked from my home or work IP address says must I must be using annon. proxy server so I guess I am

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
vin decode

Our helpful gang has answered my request as usual what a group. What a forum...

I will email my last 7 to one of you to who this works if you will send me the reults as I am curious what info it gives. PM me if your willing, Don

·
Registered
85 Posts
rhhall said:
Type the last 7 digits of your VIN number into this website.
Interesting... the build date on my bike is stamped 9/2003 but the website says... 10/2003 :

Chassis number ZK0****
Vehicle code 0558
Series K41
Model K1200GT
Body type OTHER
Catalog model USA
Production date 2003 / 10
Engine
Transmission
Steering
Catalyzer YES

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing if there are any GT's out there with a post-4/2004 build date. Anyone?

·
No bogey's twist wrist
619 Posts
GT build date

Why sure there are post 4/2004 dates mine for instance. And it has all the normal goodies, heated seat, grips, cruise etc.Chassis numberZK02873Vehicle code0558SeriesK41ModelK1200GT Body typeOTHERCatalog modelUSAProduction date2004 / 06

·
Registered
78 Posts
My '04 GT has a build date of 01/04. I purchased it 04/05. Going to work on her tonight, departure temp 48f. Somewhere around 36f in the morning for the ride home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts