1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
brucecha said:
Don't they have silver bulbs that light to an amber color in PepBoys for about $10.00 each!
I think only PY21W and WY21W bulb type. AFAIK the H21W (halogen) bulb that is needed for the GT is only available in clear and amber.

I get my amber bulbs from Hornig. They get the amber from a Japanese source, that I haven't been able to trace on the www yet. I haven't come across the silver H21W bulb yet.

·
Registered
969 Posts
somewhere on one of the bmw sites, somone took amber bulbs and gave them a quick spray with chrome paint and it was done. i have no clue how long the chrome paint lasted, but he made it sound like it worked.

·
Strafist
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
®win said:
I think only PY21W and WY21W bulb type. AFAIK the H21W (halogen) bulb that is needed for the GT is only available in clear and amber.

I get my amber bulbs from Hornig. They get the amber from a Japanese source, that I haven't been able to trace on the www yet. I haven't come across the silver H21W bulb yet.
Thanks Erwin. That did it! I don't need them, but want to have them just in case and them boogers are hard to find.

·
Addict-oholic
1,416 Posts
allikanbe1 said:
somewhere on one of the bmw sites, somone took amber bulbs and gave them a quick spray with chrome paint and it was done. i have no clue how long the chrome paint lasted, but he made it sound like it worked.
Yeah, I did that on my last bike krs 2002, clear lenses and sprayed the bulbs. Big mistake, as the light ouput dimmed considerably. Finally lef them amber in the clear lenses until I sold the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts