BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are a resident of Tasmania and considering buying a BMW, be it a motor car or motor cycle, go to Melbourne. As this is a motor cycle site, I will deal with motor cycles. Locate your nearest Ulysses Club and make contact with the BMW owners, all of them, not just the ones who are still in the afterglow period of a new purchase, and ask them what has happened to BMW since 2006 in Tasmania. If there are no complaints they are liars, on drugs or delusional.

If in TAS go to Vic.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Sage,

I did not realise it was that bad. Mind you I know the Hobart side of things is a joke but Launceston has always looked quite promising and good to talk to but then I have not gone any further...

Regards,

Phil

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have had no issues with the Launceston dealer since they took over the dealership. They have "helped" me look after a K100, K1100 and sold me a K1200 GT one year and one day ago. They always did what they said they would do and perhaps more importantly said what they couldn't.
I am neither in some afterglow state, lying, on drugs or in a delusional state. It is a pity that I can't still use them given the customer service I have received from dealers on the big island since I moved last September.
Not belittling your experience Sage just passing mine on.

·
Registered
650 Posts
westridge said:
I have had no issues with the Launceston dealer since they took over the dealership. They have "helped" me look after a K100, K1100 and sold me a K1200 GT one year and one day ago. They always did what they said they would do and perhaps more importantly said what they couldn't.
I am neither in some afterglow state, lying, on drugs or in a delusional state. It is a pity that I can't still use them given the customer service I have received from dealers on the big island since I moved last September.
Not belittling your experience Sage just passing mine on.
John, you are in Townsville in July, one week after V8Supercars!! How can you possibly say that you are not in some kind of delusional afterglow state?????????
Hows things? Have you seen the dates for the 2010 safari?
I think that they are taking a big punt hoping to get people from post race Phillip Island to the ferry on time but my calender is marked.
Hope to see you there.
Andrew

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi Andrew

All going well mate. I can take or leave the V8's though. Don't think it was the raging success people hoped for. A lot of businesses are saying their takings for the week prior to and the weekend itself didn't change and I noticed in the fortnight leading up to the event a lot of no vacancy signs coming down and V8 specials replacing them (even on the Strand).

Business at my local seemed about the same on the Friday night. And to top it all off some of the grid girls have come down with swine flu and the rest and have been isolated. Damn just when I thought I was in like Flynn(LOL)

I'll be doing the Safari next year but not sure what on. Would you believe I've never done one in Tassy. Could never see the point of paying all that money to ride around my own backyard on the straightest roads the Safari boys could find. Have the dates for Phillip Island been confirmed at yet?

Hope your traveling ok.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have been dealing with BMW Hobart for the last 2 years, having my :confused: serviced and some add on's done by them, found them to be excellent, helpfull and eager to assist with advice. Would not go anywhere else and by the way I am not on drugs, delusional or a liar. Horses for courses I guess.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give it Time

If you are buying something new you will have problem finding fault. If you should happen to drop your bike and then need insurance work - bend over - it took them 6 days short of 1 year1 year get me a fairing panel.

In the end I resorted to contact Germany direct, even their German parts manager has left Launceston BMW - he was shaping up to be good, at least he could speak the language.

The staff turnover is a blurring whirlwind, pity the service wasnt

The current operation is a disgrace to the industry.

It is just a plasticy ticky tack facade.

Ural would be a better brand of bike to own in Launceston if you need parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Launceston and Hobart BMW - BEWARE

POOR, POOR, POOR STANDARDS - THIS OUTLET IS A PURE RIPOFF IN RESPECT TO CLIENT SERVICE, - IF YOU LIVE IN TAS AND HAVE TO HAVE ANYTHING BMW ie Purchases or Service - use TT Line and visit a Melbourne outlet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Still can't agree sorry. Been back on the Isle since March, had a service and brake recall done with no dramas. I will be getting my next bike from them.
Just for interest went to Southbank back in May, was interested in the S1000, spent forty minutes in there before leaving without their staff coming near me. I certainly won't be buying there.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
buying

I must be missing something here. I have been shopping for BMW bits and pieces for some time. The postie delivers them and they are less that half price. If I want to talk to sales I use Skype and it cost about 12 cents to have a chat with staff, mostly in the UK.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have learned that to be truly satisfied with the service I receive at my dealership i simply to set my expectations incredibly low!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts