BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fantastic experience buying a GPS this weekend that I want to share with the forum. I wanted to replace my Garmin Quest and was tormented about buying a Zumo which I wanted so bad I could taste it. The consolidation of MP3s, GPS, and XM sounded perfect to me. The problem is that it's too expensive and with the XM antenna, it's more expensive.

I called the on-line retailer with the lowest price of the Zumo, www.getfeetwet.com, and talked to their customer service guy. He talked me into a refurbished Garmin Streetpilot 2730 which has all the features of the Zumo except the Bluetooth capability. Doesn't matter to me since I don't talk on the phone while I am on the bike. It even includes the GXM 30 XM antenna all for the grand total of $399! Link to refurbished Streetpilot Hard to beat the price. I did have to buy a mounting bracket and mount but it only added $50.

It is an excellent price for a very nice GPS unit. I am so excited about saving over $500 that I can hardly stand it. I will report back when I get it this week. Just thought I'd share the site info with others considering a new GPS.

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just priced a zumo 550 from these guys at $844. They are way high on that particular model. Try GPS Discount to compare.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
I currently have 2610 and have been quite satisfied with the unit, but am really interested in the XM traffic, weather, and other channel capability of newer Garmin units. One concern I have relates to the base map in either the 2730 or the Zumo. I have heard that Garmin has not updated the base map for a very long time.

I have two questions concerning the 2730 in particular:
(1) Is the base map in the 2730 the same as the base map in the 2610?
(2) Are the existing AUTOCOM GPS cables (2610) consistent with the 2730?

TYIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts