BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2 heads are better than 1
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

I've been working on plans for the Spring Ride to Cambria, CA! The dates for 2009 are Saturday and Sunday, May 9th & 10th. I've worked out arrangements for lodging with the BlueBird Inn, our normal haunt, and they are looking forward to having us again (crazy people). I decided to try something different for dinner this year, and am making arrangements with Linn's to host our dinner. The Linn family has had their restaurant in Cambria for years and makes wonderful food and some of the best pies on the planet. The Olallieberry pies are my favorite! Also, the local tavern, Mozzi's, has finally reopened with live music and even better beer on tap than before! As always there are great shops, art galleries, etc., to explore once you get to town, as well as some of the most beautiful coastline in California.

Here are the details I have so far -

Lodging - The BlueBird Inn - 800-552-5434
http://www.bluebirdmotel.com/

To make reservations for Saturday night, 5/9, please call the BlueBird and tell them you are with the David Taylor BMW Group. They have a variety of room choices and have given us the following pricing -
  • Standard Room, One Queen Bed - $88
  • Standard Room, Two Double Beds - $110
  • Standard Room, One King Bed - $110
  • Standard Room, Two Queen Beds - $120
  • Deluxe Room, One King or Two Queens - $160 (these have garden and creek views, balconies or patios, and fireplaces)
  • Deluxe Suites - One King Bed - $200 (Has separate living room, creek and garden view, fireplace, etc.)
They are taking reservations now, so feel free to sign up! The cut-off date for the rooms and rates will be April 10th. After that any remaining rooms will be made available to the public and go back to regular price.

Dinner - Linn's
http://www.linnsfruitbin.com/

Dinner will be at 6:30 p.m. Saturday night at Linn's. This will be a sit-down affair instead of the buffet, and I am working with Aaron Linn on the menu for our group. They have a broad variety of great foods, and their pot pies, meat loaf and fruit pies are the staples that helped make their name. They also have great steaks specials for dinner quite a bit of the time. I'll provide more information on this as it gets closer to the date.

Once you get your room reserved please add your name to the attendee list on BMWLT.com in this thread in the NorCal forum so I can get a headcount for dinner. If you don't have or want to open an account there just PM me and I'll add you to the list.

I'm really looking forward to the ride and seeing all of you again, and hopefully meeting some new folks as well! We've had great fun on this ride over the years so come on out and join us for a good ride and good times!

I hope to see you there!

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update - We have 36 folks signed up for the ride to Cambria so far! I guess folks want to get their spring riding planed early this year. :) So if you're thinking about joining us you may want to book your room now as the host hotel isn't a huge place. I think we have about 32 rooms total available to us.

I hope you can join us, it should be a great time!

·
Registered
230 Posts
David
If any of the group are campers there is a nice campground (San Simeon State Park) 3 miles north of Cambria on Route 1 just across from the ocean. You can google "San Simeon State Park" and see an airborn picture of the park from the ocean.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Some day...... Im going to move back to Central CA Some Day....... And dont forget bonfires are ok at San Simeon State beach :boom: .

Enjoy

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keithb said:
David
If any of the group are campers there is a nice campground (San Simeon State Park) 3 miles north of Cambria on Route 1 just across from the ocean. You can google "San Simeon State Park" and see an airborn picture of the park from the ocean.
Thanks for the tip, I'll let folks know if they want to go camping. Of course, that's a bit of a stumble from Mozzi's Saloon. :D

So, you coming to join us?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am thinking about coming up for that ride. There is a lot of riding action around those dates. ie. 4/24-4/27 Joshua Tree w/BMWST.com folks or El Capitan campout with South Coast BMW riders club and then there is Spring Torrey with the BMWST folks as well (5/15-5/17) which would really be more like 5/14thru 5/17 or 5/18. Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
142 Posts
keithb said:
I am thinking about coming up for that ride. There is a lot of riding action around those dates. ie. 4/24-4/27 Joshua Tree w/BMWST.com folks or El Capitan campout with South Coast BMW riders club and then there is Spring Torrey with the BMWST folks as well (5/15-5/17) which would really be more like 5/14thru 5/17 or 5/18. Decisions, decisions.
It's a "Target Rich" enviroment, ain't it? :D

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
keithb said:
You say that like it's a bad thing. :D Don't forget Rango's Red River Roundup in Mid May as well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Riding is NEVER a bad thing. I just need more time to do it. :D

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are only 3 rooms left at the BlueBird as of this morning, 2 creekside rooms and the 2 room suite. If you want to come on the ride and haven't made your reservation now would be the time to do so! If they run out let me know and I'll try to arrange some rooms at another hotel.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the turnout for this little shindig has far surpassed my expectations. We have 70 people signed up and have sold the host hotel out! I've made arrangements with another hotel just down the street and still walking distance from everything. Here's the info in case you're thinking about joining us.

Additional Rooms Available at the CreekSide Inn!

Creekside Inn
2618 Main St.
Cambria, CA
805-927-4021
800-269-5212

www.creeksidecambria.com

I made arrangements with another motel in Cambria. It's about equal walking distance to the restaurant, saloon, shops, etc.

Single Queen - $99.00
Two Queen - $119.00
Single King w/ Balcony - $119
Two Queen w/ Balcony - $129
Two room Queen Suite - $149

They will offer this price to our group until April 10th. Tell them you are with the David Taylor BMW Group to get these rates.

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a reminder - There's 1 month left to book rooms for the Cambria Ride coming up on May 9 - 10. Rooms are still available at the CreekSide Inn; contact info is included in this thread.

The attendee list has grown to over 80 people! In order to accommodate our group at one time Linn's asked that we move our dinner time up to 5:00 p.m., so we'll eat a little early this year. That does give more time to roam town and hang out afterwards.

Let me know if you plan on coming and I'll add you to the attendee list we're tracking on www.BMWLT.com. I hope you can join us!

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The cut-off for rooms for Cambria is April 10, less that 2 weeks away! If you're interested in going book you room and let mek now so I can add you to the attendee list.

Thanks!

·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now it's less than a week away! We've got a great menu for dinner (Prime Rib, Salmon, Chicken Pot Pie, with options for appetizers, salad, soup, dessert, etc) and folks are starting to put together their ride routes and riding buddies for the trip there. For anyone going from the San Jose/SF Bay Area, we're meeting up at 9:30a.m. Saturday at Starbucks at 129 Bernal Road in San Jose (In the Santa Teresa area). If you want to join us shoot me a PM so I know to look for you. Also, Deb and Dean Sauer and Rich Hall will get into town Friday evening so we're getting together for dinner and a visit Friday night at the Duke of Edinburgh on Wolfe Road in Cupertino around 6 - 6:30. Feel free to drop by!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts