BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by my dealer today that Canada as of right now will not do the replacement strip under thier "warranty/campain" :boom:

My Dealer will offer if they sold you the bike free replacement though "good will", My bike was for me a private sale due to a crash/right off. I have 2 past purchase's with them so they would offer me labour only cost. :(
Any one here from Canada get some type of letter from BMW about these fuel strips or is just an USA extended warranty?
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe they're warrantying them globally, I know some in Europe have had theirs replaced under warranty. I Thought BMWNA was covering this, so wouldn't they warranty Canada as well?

Did you call BMWNA? They'll be able to tell you. The # is 800-831-1117

KGK1200GT said:
I was told by my dealer today that Canada as of right now will not do the replacement strip under thier "warranty/campain" :boom:

My Dealer will offer if they sold you the bike free replacement though "good will", My bike was for me a private sale due to a crash/right off. I have 2 past purchase's with them so they would offer me labour only cost. :(
Any one here from Canada get some type of letter from BMW about these fuel strips or is just an USA extended warranty?
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got ahold of BMW Canada and got a reply.
Remember my dealer is unaware of any campaign/warranty on the fuel strip at this time in Canada.
He offered half off parts( corrected my mistake from perviouse post) and I pay labour as a "good will" since I did not purchase this bike off them, but I did purchas 2 other.
BMW contacted my dealer and the result is that it is still not covered here in Canada but as a better "good will " he has offered full coverage on the parts but I will still have to pay for the labour. Got to love how BMW Canada solves issues :boom:

So there you have it the 12 yr warranty is world wide accept for Canada.

·
Registered
62 Posts
KGK1200GT said:
So I got ahold of BMW Canada and got a reply.
Remember my dealer is unaware of any campaign/warranty on the fuel strip at this time in Canada.
He offered half off parts( corrected my mistake from perviouse post) and I pay labour as a "good will" since I did not purchase this bike off them, but I did purchas 2 other.
BMW contacted my dealer and the result is that it is still not covered here in Canada but as a better "good will " he has offered full coverage on the parts but I will still have to pay for the labour. Got to love how BMW Canada solves issues :boom:

So there you have it the 12 yr warranty is world wide accept for Canada.
This should be a bloody wake up call for all those Canadian BMW owners or prospective owners. What a load of crap. I would never buy a BMW in Canada if this is how owners are treated up yonder... Sell your bike and get a dependable FJR, or reasonable facsimile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts