BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since changing fuel filters, i've been worried about whether i reconnected the 2 vent hoses correctly, or maybe got them reversed. i see a large pin hole in the filler neck. what is that for and where does that one go? i guess i need a down and dirty primer on where both begin and end. thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
billbeemer said:
since changing fuel filters, i've been worried about whether i reconnected the 2 vent hoses correctly, or maybe got them reversed. i see a large pin hole in the filler neck. what is that for and where does that one go? i guess i need a down and dirty primer on where both begin and end. thanks
If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that the hole visible in the filler neck is a simple overflow outlet, and any gas that washes down it would just trickle onto the ground. What you could do is disconnect the two little hoses at the fuel tank bottom plate and pour a little gas down the hole; the tube where the gas comes out would probably not be connected to the charcoal canister.

Unfortunately, neither the factory manual or the Clymer has any sort of diagram showing what hoses go where.

·
"DELIVERS"
870 Posts
You can blow into the vent line that is not connected to the cannister (should be hanging down alondside the right frame) and feel if the air is coming out that overflow hole in the filler neck. If so, you're good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts