BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Told my dealer that I wanted to add the alarm to my 03 K1200RS which has the heated grips and he said that you can't have both (per BMW). Never heard that from their website and could not find a footnote in the catalog.
What the f*ck? Those Germans couldn't figure a way to combine the two??? I'm beginning to wonder if BMW has only sorted out this type of thing on select models or just happened to get lucky on select models.
Anyone have this combo installed?

·
Looking for better limits...
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
03k12RS said:
Told my dealer that I wanted to add the alarm to my 03 K1200RS which has the heated grips and he said that you can't have both (per BMW). Never heard that from their website and could not find a footnote in the catalog.
What the f*ck? Those Germans couldn't figure a way to combine the two??? I'm beginning to wonder if BMW has only sorted out this type of thing on select models or just happened to get lucky on select models.
Not sure where your dealer got that info, but my dealer (now out of biz Garden State BMW) installed one on my 03 RS (w/heated grips) and my buddy's RS as well. It was a difficult install from what I understand, but it works like a champ.

·
Registered
227 Posts
03k12RS said:
Why would you want a heated alarm?
Just kidding.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heated alarm? What's wrong with me? :banghead

rfespinosa said:
Why would you want a heated alarm?
Just kidding.
Yeah, heated grips and alarm is what was meant to be typed,
brain must have been lacking antifreeze at the moment I originally posted.

Dealer in Milwaukee tells me that the two items: heated grips and alarm, not able to be installed on the K1200 RS. I don't know why one item would exclude the other on this model. Didn't think that these two products would be mutually exclusive.

Guess it's another BMW oversight by the design\engineering\marketing teams. (I have a few gripes about their overall quality control and lack of communication.) Maybe that's the reason why the K1200RS flying brick design got dumped, good lines but lacking in overall thought process in combining integration of accessories offered for the model. Maybe I bought into aesthetics\marketing more than facts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.