BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I score a Garmin 2730 on Flea-bay and I go to update the maps and find that it is previously registered and I can't update it. I shoot off an e-mail to who I bought it ooff of and then one to Garmin. What happens if this guy won't unregister it or can't because stolen goods or he's the 4th or 5th owner down the line? Will Garmin unlock it or leave me hanging.

And don't come back saying I should have bought a Zumo. Too expensive for my blood. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
file a claim with ebay; then ship the item back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted the seller and he unregistered it but I still can't register it. I'll have to contact Garmin to see what gives. But I won't be out any money with the PayPal warrenty just got to put up with the hassle. I imagine there is a way around the register snafu.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok the latest. The former owner contacted Garmin and Garmin had to get a supervisor to unregister the GPS. Well that didn't work. So I got home and spent 48 minutes on the phone of which about 44 minutes was waiting for a technician. (Good thing I have unlimited minutes). The guy asked my name address, username and serial number of unit and within 4 minutes, unlocked and ready to go. Other then the wait, fair service. Took too many times to get it unlocked. I sense they probably don't do this much so no one was up on the process.
So I loaded the new map, which took forever and she is ready to go.

The POI's found where?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts