BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Cape Breton TT Race

You know I've been following this since it's first announcement back in October of last year. What's going to be real interesting is where their going to put all this influx of spectators/tourists up during race week. Don't know if some of you have been in this 'neck-of-the-woods' but there ain't alot of accommodations in the area.

I guess they're expecting everyone to camp out in the woods...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aa3jy said:
You know I've been following this since it's first announcement back in October of last year. What's going to be real interesting is where their going to put all this influx of spectators/tourists up during race week. Don't know if some of you have been in this 'neck-of-the-woods' but there ain't alot of accommodations in the area.

I guess they're expecting everyone to camp out in the woods...

I've been many times, for the last seven years by MC. It ain't the big city but there are many B&B's. I will stay in Louisbourg this year, reservations made, which is a rock throw from the race course.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jack69boots said:
What city is this going to be based around???

Sydney??

Louisburg???
It's kinda in between both of them. I have a map which I will post if I can find it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Rooms are tight !!!!! I have Three rooms reserved allready at the Delta Sydney 9/21-9/23 .
I hear the course starts on highway 22 south of Sydney .

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sbk12rs said:
Rooms are tight !!!!! I have Three rooms reserved allready at the Delta Sydney 9/21-9/23 .
I hear the course starts on highway 22 south of Sydney .

Correct, the course runs on RT 22 between Morrison Rd and Hornes RD. onto Hornes Rd,
(RT 225) thru Mira Gut, Round Island, Homeville, turning onto Morrison RD and going thru Morein, Morien Juction, Birch Grove back to the juction of Morrison Rd and RT 22. Not sure if it will run clockwise or counter-clockwise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
k1200sforme said:
Correct, the course runs on RT 22 between Morrison Rd and Hornes RD. onto Hornes Rd,
(RT 225) thru Mira Gut, Round Island, Homeville, turning onto Morrison RD and going thru Morein, Morien Juction, Birch Grove back to the juction of Morrison Rd and RT 22. Not sure if it will run clockwise or counter-clockwise.
You have a lot more info than I can find on-line so far . Where are you getting it ???
I did find a local BMW club that had a link on their site but there still isn't a lot about it .

·
Registered
375 Posts
k1200sforme said:
It's kinda in between both of them. I have a map which I will post if I can find it.

I'd like to see a map of it. I was thinking about staying in Chetticamp or Englishtown so that I'm near the Cabot Trail. I know it's a haul over to Sydney but I do love the Cabot Trail area and especially Chetticamp.

By the way. Anyone riding through Maine? There's a very motorcycle friendly hotel just south of the border in Calais on Rte 1 called Heslin's. It's a couple of miles South of downtown. It has an EXCELLENT restaurant and decent hotel rooms. Following the ride to eat - eat to ride creedo, I stop there on the way up and back every time I go to Cape Breton. ...always the best food on the entire trip...and no I don't have any connection to the place... I just love to eat!

-Jack

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sbk12rs said:
You have a lot more info than I can find on-line so far . Where are you getting it ???
I did find a local BMW club that had a link on their site but there still isn't a lot about it .

There will be plenty of info on the TT website I'm sure. I hope that this event will be a
reality but it is gonna take a whole lot of effort to pull off. The Province of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton have so much to offer and the people are the most MC friendly I have ever met. Like B & B 's that offer to put their cars outside so you can park your mc inside out of the rain.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jack69boots said:
I'd like to see a map of it. I was thinking about staying in Chetticamp or Englishtown so that I'm near the Cabot Trail. I know it's a haul over to Sydney but I do love the Cabot Trail area and especially Chetticamp.

By the way. Anyone riding through Maine? There's a very motorcycle friendly hotel just south of the border in Calais on Rte 1 called Heslin's. It's a couple of miles South of downtown. It has an EXCELLENT restaurant and decent hotel rooms. Following the ride to eat - eat to ride creedo, I stop there on the way up and back every time I go to Cape Breton. ...always the best food on the entire trip...and no I don't have any connection to the place... I just love to eat!

-Jack
Here's a link to the map, http://www.dieseljo.com/nova_scotia_tt/cbfos_route1.jpg Don't know how to control it's size, I just matched it up to my Nova Scotia Atlas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts