BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be feasible to do a carburetor conversion for the K1200S?
I simply prefer Carburetors to EFI. I’m not sure if one can simply throw a carburetor on top of the intake, and if there are carburetors that would fit natively, or carburetors that can be made to fit well.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? Tell us please how a carburetor could be tuned to work with pump gas and a 13.0:1 compression ratio. Don't forget to include being able to ride from sea level to over 10,000 feet without rejetting.
EFI is for people content to live in a simulation. Carburetors are the real deal.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Carburetors are superior to fuel injection.
WTF are you smoking!?

I'm an ASE L1 certified Master mechanic and engine builder with an automotive engineering degree and a computer science degree with 40 years experience under my belt....And you're stating that carburetors are more Superior than fuel injection?

Before you post anymore do your research.

·
Registered
2016 S1000 XR 2015 K1300 S
216 Posts
Canyon racing is fun but blowing off Porsches at Freeway on ramps is childs play.
I forgot about doing that, My bad. Traffic moves at a different clip out here. And a Cayenne is all about comfort and miles. The twin turbo 4.0 litre V8 is just there to entice you.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WTF are you smoking!?

I'm an ASE L1 certified Master mechanic and engine builder with an automotive engineering degree and a computer science degree with 40 years experience under my belt....And you're stating that carburetors are more Superior than fuel injection?

Before you post anymore do your research.
What makes you think I'm stating anything else?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Carburetors are superior to fuel injection.
I think you're onto something - Or on something 🙄 You'd better get onto the Motogp and F1 teams. Oh and NASCAR. You could be onto something that they'd like to know And the US military so while you're there let them know as well.

Are EFI systems better for NASCAR cars?
Despite the high costs involved in switching to and maintaining EFI systems, they have pros that outweigh the cons. NASCAR races have seen far fewer retirements due to fuel injection system failures since they were introduced. Retirements due to engine failures have also come down drastically. That in itself is argument enough to refrain from using carburettor fed engines.
Carburettors could be adjusted by mechanics to suit the cars, drivers and tracks. A carburettor allows the mechanic to make 24 adjustments. EFI systems allow a mechanic/technician to make over 150 adjustments to the systems. Most of the adjustments that have to be made to the system can be made electronically. An EFI system can be optimised to get maximum efficiency and environmentally friendly performance from the engine.

You could just buy one of these
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

But you were really joking weren't you

1 - 20 of 68 Posts