BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
92 Posts
Having lived with a 1966 BSA Spitfire with Amal GP carbs (later changed to Amal Concentrics with only low end improvement), and a 1965 Norton P11 with a K2F Magneto, I awake from my dreams about those cycles with a prayer of thanks for the K1300S.

• Haha
Reactions: richtea

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Having lived with a 1966 BSA Spitfire with Amal GP carbs (later changed to Amal Concentrics with only low end improvement), and a 1965 Norton P11 with a K2F Magneto, I awake from my dreams about those cycles with a prayer of thanks for the K1300S.
Up until you have nightmares about some sensor going out.

I choose not to live in the matrix, even if they have steak and wine.

·
Registered
546 Posts
‘Up until you have nightmares about some sensor going out.’
I guess you wouldn’t be so paranoid if everything wasn’t out to get you. 😁

·
Premium Member
2015 K1300S Motosport Edition
92 Posts
Up until you have nightmares about some sensor going out.

I choose not to live in the matrix, even if they have steak and wine.
There is a big difference in being on a BMW, and being on an old Norton and knowing you will have trouble.

I choose to not worry about Nuclear war, volcano eruptions, earthquakes, tidal waves, solar flares, lightning strikes, mad bombers, or sink holes either. Personally, I charge fearlessly onto the unknown roads armed with my cell phone, AAA card, credit card, and tire repair kit - the modern rod and staff. Just sayin.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I don't get it- do you actually hate your bike? It really does feel like it. Just sell your fuel injected nightmare if you don't like what it represents/technology contained within!
It's a love/hate thing.

No I do not hate my bike, I hate the industry. If BMW had made this bike carbureted from the factory, it would be like the lord himself had created a motorcycle.

Reactions: Beech

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Perhaps write to BMW. You never know. Tell them to make a K1600R at the same time...
It's not just BMW either. They couldn't legally make and sell a modern carbureted bike because of idiot rules pushed forth by an idiot public.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts