BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the black areas of the cases seem to mark very easily. They also show everything. What are folks using to clean and care for this area?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
I've always used WD-40 after my mechanic recommended it from his BMW school. My old RT bags were pretty much scuff free at trade-in.

Maybe it oiled my shoes and made them slip off?

·
Registered
111 Posts
My dealer uses Maguire's Back To Black. I need to get some as well.

Pete D.
Simi Valley, CA

·
Registered
497 Posts
I use a product made by Race Glaze. I also use their cleaner and polish.

Brian

·
Registered
636 Posts
Serious?

Are you blokes seriously telling me you polish the inside of the saddle bags?
Amazing!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not the inside of the saddlebags but the black unpainted exterior of the saddlebags.

Pete D.
Simi Valley, CA

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ahha, that's better!
I must admit I was thinking this is one anal group of riders!!!!
Bugger, now I'll be looking at the black area of my bags as well. Polished the bike for the first time last Sunday. I'm a hard core Meguires man, however, there are some other products now available in Oz for me to choose from (AutoGlym etc).

Best wishes everyone.

Ken.
Probably shouldnt use bugger and anal in the same paragraph should I?

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
baytown said:
Polished the bike for the first time last Sunday. I'm a hard core Meguires man, however, there are some other products now available in Oz for me to choose from (AutoGlym etc).
I used to use Mequire's primarily. I recently made the move to Zaino wax products after frequenting some car shows. Has some hardening catalyst you add to the wax (4-5 drops). I get a better shine and seems to last longer. An ounce or two of their stuff will do my car and GT. No kidding!

Pricey stuff though, but you use far less of it. First time I ever used a clay-bar too. Worked wonders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts