BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Now that summer is over and the dark days have already begun, I wanted to increase my visibility to rear traffic by sticking reflector stickers on both of my side cases. Unfortunately I do not come across any reflection stickers for a 2008 K1200GT motorcycle. However, there was someone from the motorcycle club where I am a member who told me that the suitcases for an R1200RT and a K1200GT (built from 2008) are identical to each other.

My question is: is it indeed true that the suitcases of both models are the same with regard to the model? And can I then stick this reflector sticker on my suitcase: click here

Registered
2009 BMW K1300GT
They are the same.

Registered
Or why not buy the sheets of 3m reflective tape and make your own? It's the same stuff.

eg

I just bought two A4 sheets, made up a cardboard template. Put them back to back (so they would fit both boxes) and cut them with a hobby knife.

They are black in daylight, and reflect white at night.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Or why not buy the sheets of 3m reflective tape and make your own? It's the same stuff.

eg

I just bought two A4 sheets, made up a cardboard template. Put them back to back (so they would fit both boxes) and cut them with a hobby knife.

They are black in daylight, and reflect white at night.
Great tip, thanks!

But in The Netherlands it is by law not allowed to have white reflectors at the rearside of any vehicle. The rear reflectors must be red by law, at the front they must be white by law.

I will check online site for red reflective sheets (in red) and make a template and cut them out. doing it yourself is also more satisfying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts