BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just posted in the GT forum, with pictures.......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cee Bailey

I recently installed a Cee Bailey 6" / 3 " on my '06 GT. The bike came with BMW's "tall" windshield which I could not ride without ear protection. I probably could have gotten by with a 5" / 2", but I don't mind looking through the windshield and it disappears very well in the full down position for around town riding. At speed the ride is very quiet and bugs and rain don't get through.

·
Registered
65 Posts
VPLeginsky said:
Has anyone installed a Cee Bailey screen on their 06 K12GT? I have the largest screen that could be ordered, and still too much wind for the rider. How much bigger should I go? Any thoughts or experiences? Here is the Cee Bailey site for the screens:
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1200gt06ws.html
You don't mention whether you've played with adjustment, height. I've got one and love it, maybe you got too big of screen, or maybe just need earplugs. Since we're talking about 06GT's howabout a tankpad, I've heard of the Ztecknic Z8505 but have yet to find anyone who can sell me one. Krunch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Windshield

I have tried 2, Cee Bailey (Tall)and Aeroflow(Monster-sized) Neglible decrease in noise, big increase in buffeting caused by increased frontal area. Miserable with Interstate speeds and semis.

Back to stock, with aeroflow side wind deflectors for winter riding.

Thinking of Z Technik..Anyone have any info to share?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts