BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking at seats and have looked at the sites for Cee Baileys, Kontourseat, Sargent, Corbin, and, Russel. The CB site sounds the most interesting but I can't find where any of you guys have given their seats a review. Are their not many CB seats out their, the web site sounds like they are fairly new to the motorcycle seat business. They sound as if they should have a lot of happy or unhappy CHP officers, and pilots.
Thanks, Mark

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Seat

I own a KonTour seat and it's fanfreakingtastic. First long ride with it was from Charlotte area to the BMW Rally a few years ago in Vermont. On the way home we did 13 hours in the saddle from Vermont to Winchester Va. It's drawback is after a rain, and the bike is out in it and you are wearing jeans, it won't be good. If you always wear riding pants, like I do, it's not an issue. The seat does everything they say it will and the craftsmanship is excellent. I bought a used scratched up cheap seat from someone at www.ibmwr.org and had Kontour build on that one. This leaves me with my stock seat for resale down the road.:clap: That's my three cents.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a Ford F250 with heated leather seats and they are the best. I know this doesn't answer your question but it seems like thats what so many folks do so .....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW!! That ford seat sounds great, but I need something a little smaller. :teeth

I read through the Kontour seat site but it didn't sell me they talk materials and CeeBaileys talks about experience and who better than CHP. I guess I'll call them all tomorrow and see if they can tell me why I shouldn't buy the other seats. Heat is a plus but not necessary comfort is a must and I would like a company that will get it correct the first time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like my Cee Bailey

I had Cee Bailey make a seat for my 98 K1200RS. I'm very pleased with it, have recently ridden over 600 miles in a day on it, works very well. I had a Russell on my previous bike, a Triumph Trophy. The Russell is more comfortable, but doesn't enhance the appearance of the bike a bit with it's wide tractor saddle styling. If you're an Iron Butt rider, go with the Russell. Otherwise,your choice probably depends on your appearance concerns, I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

I'm still looking. I talked to a few of the companies and they really need someone that has a little more info or at least a good sales pitch. I talked to one company that said I probably don't really need their seat for my commute!! I do appreciate the honesty and the seat would have definitely been function over form but that is for me to decide.

Anyway, I think I am going to get the Rick Mayer seat. I like the idea of a custom seat over a production. It's not a lazy boy like the Russel but it looks big enough to be comfortable and still looks sporty'ish.

Till I think about it more.... :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts